New Russell T Davies DR WHO anybody watching??

darry1966

Reaction score
Credits
Seen first 2 Returning David Tennant episodes - anybody else seen them??

Not I (bugger), ta for the tip, I'll have to look for it.

Cheers

Wiz

3 specials last one features the Celestial Toymaker.

Cheers Daz

Seen first 2 Returning David Tennant episodes - anybody else seen them??
I wasn't aware that David Tennant was returning as the Doctor.
David Tennant was the best Doctor Who imo.
I'll have to check my OTA TV Schedule guide and find out when Dr Who is on if David Tennant is returning as the Doctor.

Watched the first episode, will watch the second on catch up tomorrow night whilst the Pendle witch is watching her soaps in another room and |I can get to the main TV

if David Tennant is returning as the Doctor.
its a 3 episode 60th anniversary special, then Ncuti Gatwa takes over as the doctor

Aaaahhhh, that explains it. Ta, Brian.

I knew about Ncuti Gatwa for quite a while, but got confused re David's mention.

I understand Steven Moffat is coming back, too. As Producer?

My late wife, Elaine and I used to agree that the Moffat screenplays were legend.

We first got it in Oz in 1964 I think, so I have 60 years coming up soon, of watching it.

It first went out in November 1963, you probably got it 6 months later

No actually, turns out it was 1965. But I have more, and it's bad news for me.

I understand Steven Moffat is coming back, too. As Producer?
I haven't seen that, but Russell T Davies is back as the show runner [overseer]

Our national broadcaster is called the ABC (Australian Broadcasting Commission) aka "Aunty", and it penetrates the nation with TV and radio even in the red heart and other remote communities.

No advertising and well-loved.

Turns out Aunty are parting ways with hosting Dr Who after 58 years plus, and it's off to the Disney channel.

Here we have a process called Free TV, and a TV guide Freeview, and 40 plus free-to-air channels to choose from, so I (and formerly we, when Elaine was alive) have never subscribed to pay TV, now will I be now.

Story is here

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...tralia-abc-cancels-free-to-air-tv-show-disney

I (and formerly we, when Elaine was alive) have never subscribed to pay TV,
Likewise, we have a choice of freeview [terrestrial] or Free sat, both show basically the same entertainment channels [freesat has vastly more bible bashing,sex chanels, and news channels]
we had pay to view satellite some 20+ years back only for a couple of years, I came to the conclusion, what's the point of paying for up to 500 channels, when you can only watch one at a time

when you can only watch one at a time

Exactimundo.

I have a set top box with a 500 GB HD. It is approaching EOL after maybe 11 or 12 years hard work, but it is still 90% full of shows I have not watched.

It would be insane to pay for the privilege.

So my Whoie days are over, unless/until it comes back to Aunty.

I think you should still get the 3 specials, from what I read the Disney thing starts with the new series [unless you can get BBC i-player using a VPN]

No unfortunately, from that link I gave

The new Doctor Who special, The Star Beast, is available to stream on Disney+ in Australia from 26 November. Paul F. Verhoeven is the writer of the Big Finish Doctor Who audio play, The Green Man.

This is a free vpn that reconds to be able to stream BBC I-player and other UK TV channels for free. they only have 1UK server so there may be a problem with load/speed, but you may consider it worth a try

Staff online

Members online