MX-23-Beta2

kc1di

Reaction score
Credits
Been testing MX-23-Beta 2 Libretto, KDE. It's looking pretty good and solid here. no major hicups so far. Works as good or better than Debian 12 which it is based upon.
Fast, uses less ram than Debian.
If you have had problems with install Debian you may want to give MX-23 a spin.
screen shot:
Screenshot_20230620_122246.png

Last edited:

Thanks for sharing, Dave :)

I initially installed it on my Saturday, had some kernel issues, reinstalled yesterday, mostly OK now. I am using the Xfce version.

I am cobbling together a Review for it, may be out in 3-4 days.

May I ask - the 26% memory used in your Conky, is that from 4 GB RAM?

For those interested, MX Linux have a dedicated beta2 feedback thread here

https://forum.mxlinux.org/viewtopic.php?p=729212#p729212

If you wish to post there of course you need to be a Member.

Cheers

Wizard

Thanks for sharing, Dave :)

I initially installed it on my Saturday, had some kernel issues, reinstalled yesterday, mostly OK now. I am using the Xfce version.

I am cobbling together a Review for it, may be out in 3-4 days.

May I ask - the 26% memory used in your Conky, is that from 4 GB RAM?

For those interested, MX Linux have a dedicated beta2 feedback thread here

https://forum.mxlinux.org/viewtopic.php?p=729212#p729212

If you wish to post there of course you need to be a Member.

Cheers

Wizard
Hi Chris,
No 8 gigs ram here? 2.08 gigs were in use at the time I took the snap shot. Htop only showed 1.76 gig though.
It's working quite well for me but will have to reinstall when RC comes out in a few weeks I think.

Ta, Mate :)

I may stick with it until the final release. There was one pesky file that I had to ferret out to find why something was happening that I did not want. I have found it and am off to give it a box around the ears, and I will give MX some feedback on it.

That being said, there are far more good things to say for it than bad, as you would hope from MX.

Later

Wiz

only glitch i've found so far is that xorg-input-synaptics trouchpad drivers not working in the KDE DE at this time.
I Like synaptics over libinput because it allows disabling touchpad when mouse is in use. Which libinput does not allow.
I have a work around by using touchpad-indicatior but would rather use synaptics driver. Will see what happens as the release matures toward RC release.
Other than that it's been solid so far.

Please do. I'm MX-curious, I guess you could say.

Despite my fairly skilled troubleshooting measures, I have so far been unable to remedy a couple of issues, so I will ask at the MX forums, and then I hope to include both the solution and their support strength, so it will still be a few days away yet.

I'll link to it here, if I can presume Dave is OK with that.

Chris

That would be great chris. I'm still using it here and have had no real big problems a couple of small preferences. Need attention but will deal with them when I have time.

The devs are normally pretty quick to answer questions dealing with their beta releases.

Good news is that I solved my biggest problem (where there's a Wizard there's a way), and I am motoring along fine, now, so I will get rolling on that Review. I will however, be contacting MX about the issue, as my workaround is a little cumbersome, and for a problem that should be unnecessary to be present (hasn't appeared in previous series of MX.

Cheers

Wiz

Members online

Latest posts