Msft does it....Again.

Condobloke

Reaction score
Credits

There will be those who wish to stay on windows 10 ....most likely because their pc/laptop is unsuitable/Unable to update to win 11,,,,,and/or because they are going to wait for 'the bugs' to be ironed out in win 11.

They can also elect to use 10 beyond 2025 when win 10 reaches end of life....but thy do so at their own risk......no security updates and no bug fix updates. Surfing the internet with no security fixes available on a Windows pc/laptop....now there is a recipe for disaster !

For those who need to turn off the "constant nagging" to update win 11...read the above highlighted article.
Note that it shows you how to block the upgrade
It sets a target release version for the system, and if that is set to the latest Windows 10 version, the upgrade to Windows 11 won't be offered via Windows Update. (For win pro and Win Home, ONLY)
Now there is a magical piece of technological advice. (I mean no disrespect Martin Brinkmann).....
In effect, it sets your pc/laptop to update to win 10 which it is already running...therefore nothing happens.

Only on msft.

I have seen better 'tricks' turned by ladies of the night.

Read the article above by Martin Brinkmann, it is a good read, even for those of us who are attached at the hip to Linux.

it shows us what we are missing out on, and indeed strengthens our resolve to make Linux even better than it already is.

Please don't go getting all serious on me....I regard W 11 as a bit of a joke.....I feel immense sorrow for those whose pc/laptops will cease to be kept secure in 2025. Their machines will effectively become paperweights.

Cast your minds back to that point in time when msft just made it ludicrous/(enter other suitable adjective here) for you to continue using a msft OS

I remember it well.

I thank God every day,

for Linux.

(among other things)

People should start tossing out their Windows 10 non compatible Windows 11 desktops I'll grab a few of them for Linux desktops. :p

I'm not buying any new computers for Windows 11 since I've become a Linux user which seems run on most any computer.

My work PC is Windows 10 and doesn't qualify for W11. My work laptop has W11. As far as Windows goes, I like 11 better than 10. But neither holds a candle to Linux or MacOS.

i did run W11 on my streaming machine now i Run W10. the only reason i run Windows at all is that my PCI-E capture card doesn't support Linux, and i don't like OBS on Linux either, so I'm stock on windows, but it's fine that just give me an OS for those games that cant run on Linux.

I've read you don't have the option to install other web browsers with Windows 11 although I can't say for sure I ain't got Windows 11.

I've messed around a bit with Windows 11 at computer stores and from what I've seen I'm not really impressed.

I've read you don't have the option to install other web browsers with Windows 11 although I can't say for sure I ain't got Windows 11.

I've messed around a bit with Windows 11 at computer stores and from what I've seen I'm not really impressed.
I had Firefox on it, so that is not true. Also, it would be illegal for MS to do that. I think they also got a Class Action Lawsuit in 2017? For having the Internet Explorer as default back in Win 7?. It was many years ago, so my mind is a little hazy on the matter.

That makes more sense because I wondered the same thing.

I'm done with Windows OSs once Windows 10 reaches it's end.

I'll keep a Windows XP desktop offline for Windows software I have and do use occasionally.

That makes more sense because I wondered the same thing.

I'm done with Windows OSs once Windows 10 reaches it's end.

I'll keep a Windows XP desktop offline for Windows software I have and do use occasionally.
I love Win XP primarily because it is customizable i had the most customized XP ever. It had a photo of me when booting op with Kiba Snowpaw under where Win logo typically was, and everything was made, so it fit me and how i liked it. There was also an XP version called XP black edition i love to use.

I never knew about that one but I do have an AMD Athlon XP Black Edition Processor don't remember exactly which one it is anymore.

It ain't nothing nowadays but back in it's day it was bad ass.
i have the i7-975 Extreme Black Edition. I still have it and it works. i dont use it since its way outdated by this point.

I'm running W11 at work and have Brave set as my default. Firefox as my secondary.

I didn't think what I read about that could be true however ya never know with Microsoft.

I'm also thinking that it may have been what I read was that Internet Explorer couldn't be installed on Windows 11 I don't remember anymore.

I didn't think what I read about that could be true however ya never know with Microsoft.

I'm also thinking that it may have been what I read was that Internet Explorer couldn't be installed on Windows 11 I don't remember anymore.

When W11 was first released you couldn't go into the Default Apps section and just toggle the default browser to something else. You had to set the default browser by file types. (https://www.windowscentral.com/how-set-default-web-browser-windows-11)

So it could still be done but it was a PITA. But in early December M$ changed it back to a single click switch. Guess they caught a lot of shiat over it.

Windows OSs before Windows 8.0/8.1 was alright and I never really had any complaints or issues or problems with Windows OSs.

I just didn't like Windows 8.0/8.1 just way to much change for this old timer.

Windows 10 is better than Windows 8.0/8.1 but I really don't care for Windows 10 that much.

Windows OSs before Windows 8.0/8.1 was alright and I never really had any complaints or issues or problems with Windows OSs.

I just didn't like Windows 8.0/8.1 just way to much change for this old timer.

Windows 10 is better than Windows 8.0/8.1 but I really don't care for Windows 10 that much.
Same. my Fav OS is always going to be XP. Win 11 was what pushed me to say goodbye to Win and go to Linux. i have been jumping back and forth for a long time now, but my plan is to stay on Linux this time around because of how much i hate what windows have become.

Staff online

Members online