Media keys misbehaving and double press in a fresh install

I didn't think of a possibility of wifi driver support never being there. Return is not possible now. I'm trying to replace mediatek with an intel.

All of which still doesn't address the keyboard issue.
This thread just did a UTurn right back to the OPs original thread.

I'm trying to replace mediatek with an intel.
It's a start. Now we just need someone to step-in that can decipher the code from your origial post in this thread ;)

I didn't think of a possibility of wifi driver support never being there. Return is not possible now. I'm trying to replace mediatek with an intel.
It's been my experience to fix the problem is to blacklist the onboard wifi nic, Then reboot and the new wifi dongle should work. That is if it's a wifi dongle that works out of the box with Linux.

I've been told that I couldn't return things before but there have been times that I have tried (talked to a manager) and was able to get a refund. Give it a try:-

It's a start. Now we just need someone to step-in that can decipher the code from your origial post in this thread ;)
By replacing are we talking about pulling out a soldering tool and removing the onboard nic or blacklisting the onboard and plugging in the wifi dongle that OP purchased?

I'm pretty good with reading code but I have to go for now.
Be back later.

By replacing are we talking about pulling out a soldering tool and removing the onboard nic or blacklisting the onboard and plugging in the wifi dongle that OP purchased?
No bro, usually they're just one tiny screw to attach to the mobo. M.2 2230.
wifi2.png

Just as a matter of interest.....Try loading mx linux onto a usb stick and running it is a Live version (not installed)

There is AHS (Advanced Hardware Support) version of mx linux at that link

Just as a matter of interest.....Try loading mx linux onto a usb stick and running it is a Live version (not installed)

There is AHS (Advanced Hardware Support) version of mx linux at that link
Found the Advanced Hardware Support! Great thinking Condobloke-:)

Code:
* Xfce and Xfce-AHS (Advanced Hardware Support)
long key ID: 9B68A1E8B9B6375C: “Dolphin Oracle (mx linux) <[email protected]>”
fingerprint: F62EDEAA3AE70A9C99DAC4189B68A1E8B9B6375C

Here:

Members online