Looking for an application that will allow me to use my desk/laptop as a remote viewer from my Android phone.

Reaction score
Credits
Bit of context (as I've had the optics of the request explained to me):
I'm suspecting my tenant-roommate of accessing my room while I am working (or otherwise out of my house). Unfortunately, while I'm fairly certain of my suspicions - I've no proof of it.

With that said, does anyone know of an application that allow my mobile to connect to my Debian 12 laptop, to remotely view through my desktop, or laptop's webcam?

Last edited:

VNC server is well known that works on multiple platforms.

edit:
There are open source versions and there are commercial versions as well.

This one might be worth looking at but it's working for PC's only:

This one is commercial but works on phone as well:

Last edited:
VNC server is well known that works on multiple platforms.

edit:
There are open source versions and there are commercial versions as well.

This one might be worth looking at but it's working for PC's only:

This one is commercial but works on phone as well:
So, is this to say that I would need a VNC client to be installed upon the mobile?

So, is this to say that I would need a VNC client to be installed upon the mobile?
yeah, server on laptop and client on mobile.
because client connects to server.

You'll also need to open inbound ports on server computer (laptop) to let client connect.
And your laptop will have to be turned on which is not ideal for spying because what ever you'll be doing will be visible on laptop.

yeah, server on laptop and client on mobile.
because client connects to server.

You'll also need to open inbound ports on server computer (laptop) to let client connect.
And your laptop will have to be turned on which is not ideal for spying because what ever you'll be doing will be visible on laptop.
Not needing it for spying, as much as watching to make sure that my stuff/space isn't tampered with.

Members online