LONG wait for page load & pages incomplete....including this one. Cannot post. Cannot Create thread

rado84

Credits
Appears to be fixed
firefox 'updated' and introduced all sorts of crap to do with content blocking, data etc etc.
That's why I dug up Firefox 61.0.1 and I'm using it right now - 61 has the option to disable browser updates and it doesn't have the latest content blocking crap. Plus, I've disabled its ability to check addons against its black list. A few months ago Mozilla waged a war against all adblockers and addons like Ghostery (even removed all these addons from their addon website) but I found a way to suppress that war, so that I can continue to use an adblocker.

D

Deleted member 58530

That's why I dug up Firefox 61.0.1 and I'm using it right now - 61 has the option to disable browser updates and it doesn't have the latest content blocking crap. Plus, I've disabled its ability to check addons against its black list. A few months ago Mozilla waged a war against all adblockers and addons like Ghostery (even removed all these addons from their addon website) but I found a way to suppress that war, so that I can continue to use an adblocker.
Why not just use Firefox esr.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/

wizardfromoz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Credits
Damn, Tom picked my brain :)

I've been using ESR on perhaps 10 or so of my stable of 80, and found it quite good.

For those not in the know, ESR is Extended Support Release.

I preferred it better when it was at no later than 52.9, because then I could use DownThemAll (which gives you the ability to plug in shasums to test your download while it downloads, and quicker by at least 25%), for downloading my Linux .isos. Unfortunately the maker of DTA was left at the wayside when FF went Quantum.

Cheers

Wiz

rado84

Credits
I know what ESR is but it's not what it used to be. Not anymore, at least. Part of the addons I like don't work with it or if they do, they only work in half. 61 is the best choice for me.

Condobloke

Credits
Dont those tar.bz2 downloads have a Install file or a readme file to follow....instructions to install...etc ??

Members online