LMDE6: Gaming tips and laptop suggestions?

Reaction score
Credits
Hey y'all, got any tips for running steam/games with a AMD 6400 GPU on LMDE6? (Linux Mint Debian Edition)? Gaming for me on linux is much laggier and glitchier than on windows, also its a lot more painful trying to get games like free space 2 (a game I love very much) working on linux when it works "out of the box" on windows. Please know, I abhor everything about windows, their owner, their greed, their way of forcing users to upgrade, their spying and their ugly operating system, the only, and I mean only thing I like about windows is the fact that it runs games better. any thoughts?

Secondly, I am considering selling my apple laptop, I want a solid laptop that can be used for writing books, and playing games like deep rock galatic, I have always used AMD GPU's but im looking into getting away from AMD GPU's and perhaps getting a laptop with a GeForce 4050 if I can get one for under 800$. I have gaming ram I can install, (32 GB, 2x16) and I have a spare SSD 1TB and a spare NVmI SSD 250 GB or whatever its called ( I forgot at the moment ) if anyone has suggestions to help me in my search, I just want to use LMDE6 with a laptop that can game without lagging really bad, and I also want to use my laptop to write books.

(side question)
Best linux writing software? I use Apple iPages to write with, just published my first book. I have tried looking into Libre Office but it's kinda overwhelming and not simple enough for me. I just want to write. any suggestions?

Members online