Linux reverse engineering

Chris_Newell

Reaction score
Credits
Greetings,
I have the new model of Toyota multimedia with my car came from Japan and its locked, and I'm willing to unlock it with an ERC code, I would pay for it to Toyota dealers or smh, but the cars coming to us is used right-handed cars from Japan, so the dealer is not an option. Being an programmer and electronic engineer by myself I tried to figure out how multimedia works, it has a microSD card slot where microSD has a loading file (400mb), I have decompiled it, and it turned out it has Linux ext2 filesystem, the funny thing that its lack of u-boot image or kernel image, seems like it is on the emmc flash and when the card is inside it starting to look for Linux on the card (w/o card the multimedia won't even start). As I understand the Linux loading order it should search for inittab file right? Also, it is a lot of .class java and .png files outside of the ext2 filesystem, so I'm struggling with the basics, how embedded Linux works? The loading order should be U-Boot->Kernel U-image->Inittab, right? And how it is using the .class files outside of the ext2 Linux filesystem? Of the cause, the final goal is to find an ERC calculation principle, but I want figure out how Linux works from the start and where the user files can be located. Are there any embedded Linux users?

1.png

No direct help for you, but...

Toyota uses AGL, depending on the age of the car.

I'd start there. It's opensource.

No direct help for you, but...

Toyota uses AGL, depending on the age of the car.

I'd start there. It's opensource.
i don't know, are you sure that Toyota uses agl? I can find anything in common between the files I decompiled and the agl open source

Staff online