Purchase Linux CDs / DVDs / Flash Drives at OSDisc.com

Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd please sign up again. Thanks!

Linux N00b

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by berks, Apr 15, 2012.

1. berks

berks Guest

Hi, I am a 18yr old student of the University of Technology in Jamaica. I have always had an interest in computers and have been repairing them for the past 5-6 years. Recently I got interested in making money online and that spurred a quest to understand the inner workings of the web.

I have been led to this forum by my need for information concerning Linux based web servers and look forward to learning as much as I can, while contributing to your community.

2. Acronix

Acronix Guest

Welcome to the forum berks! I am quite new as well and I find this forum really helpful when it comes to Linux. There is a forum dedicated to Linux-based web servers, you can check out its threads. I have spent time just reading the different topics and I still keep on learning new things.

If you have questions don't hesitate to ask the staff. See you around.

3. jschuhr

jschuhr Guest

Welcome berks - if you've come to the Linux community in search of a career based on the web, then you've made a good move. I say jump in with both feet and absorb everything you can.

4. DaReaper

DaReaper Guest

Hey Berks, Welcome to Linux Forum. I'm a university student too and i'm equally interested on the operations of Linux and it's different distros.

Hope you find a lot of interesting stuff over here.

5. sam300

sam300 Guest

Welcome to Linux Forums. I hope you will enjoy your stay here.

6. Melissa

Melissa Guest

Hi Berks! Ive gotta say you're in the right place! Im learning a lot more here than I am following linux instructions :)