Linux installation

corleone01

Reaction score
Credits
Hi
I have an Acer Chromebook CB3-532 trying to get any linux on this device and I always find a problem without a solution at the end of the road. Does any body has installed linux in a device like mine? I would like to get some help before I put this device in a trash bag.
Thanks in advance

Most but not all chromebooks can be converted to Linux, BUT it is not simple, some of the changes you need to make can be done via their terminal, on some brands you need to be handy with a screwdriver to manually change internal motherboard jumpers and there are a few that you cannot change at all, I will take a look to see what i can find about your particular model.

Last edited:
OK so after looking at the various compatibility list, they all seem to agree that the Acer 15 [cb-532] is Not Fully Linux compatible [its to do with the Intel Banyon range processor not having the correct codecs in its makeup,]

Although not a full Linux distribution [as it's still Google based] some have suggested that the following may work

EDIT
I have said missing codecs, to be a bit clearer they are missing two or three CPU instruction sets needed for both Linux and Windows to work

Last edited:

Members online