Hi, so I am in the middle of a transition to a Linux world. I have made a choice on the hardware (another thread on this forum). But I need your help to figure out the approach for the backup and restore procedures. The ideal scenario is the following:
- Once the initial OS (I will go with Pop!_OS) is installed I want to have a Point 0 - as the starting backup in case something goes wrong.
- The documents will be located on another physical drive with a separate archive mechanism.
- The main scenario is to create backups with the main OS as soon as I have made any major changes.
- The desired outcome is to have an easy and quick way to restore OS from the backup when:
- The system crashed completely.
- I've made irreversible changes, that require the usage of the backup.