Linux and GAOMON S620. The pen doesn't draw

AmandaB

Reaction score
Credits
Hello. Please write how to solve this problem.

1. The GAOMON S620 graphics tablet
  2. Linux Mint 21,2

Linux sees the tablet, but does not see the pen. When I bring the pen to the tablet, the signal lights up. However, the pen does not draw.

Please write how to solve this problem.

1. Reconnect the pen: Try reconnecting the pen to the tablet by following the manufacturer's instructions for pairing the pen with the tablet.

2. Calibrate the pen: Calibrating the pen can sometimes resolve issues with drawing accuracy. Go to the tablet's settings and look for a calibration option to calibrate the pen.

3. Update the tablet driver: Make sure that the tablet driver is up to date by visiting the manufacturer's website and downloading the latest driver for your specific tablet model.

4. Reset the tablet settings: If the above steps do not work, try resetting the tablet settings to their default configuration. This can sometimes resolve connectivity issues.

If none of the above steps work, it is possible that there may be a hardware issue with the tablet or pen. In this case, you may need to contact the manufacturer for further assistance or consider getting a replacement pen or screen.

[B]Freepoorman[/B]

thanks for your reply!

The ArtPaint AP32 pen is a battery-free stylus that does not require charging.
The tablet and pen work on the phone. The pen does not work on the computer (Linux).

This is the official website:
https://download.gaomon.net
The driver connected the tablet. But the pen doesn't work.

I wrote to the employees of the company [email protected] So far, no one has answered.

This is the response of the official company:

We are very sorry, but the S620 doesn't work with Linux Mint 21,2. S620 only works with Linux CentOS8 /ubuntu 20.04 LTS or later.

S620 also works with a laptop or desktop that runs Windows 7 or later or macOS 10.12 or later. It also works with Android 6.0 or above devices which supports OTG function.

Maybe you can answer these questions?

1) What should I choose to install Linux CentOS8 or ubuntu 20.04 LTS?
2) How do I install another system and still use Linux Mint?
3) How do I transfer files between two systems on the same computer?

1) What should I choose to install Linux CentOS8 or ubuntu 20.04 LTS?
2) How do I install another system and still use Linux Mint?
3) How do I transfer files between two systems on the same computer?
1)I would probably go with Ubuntu as it's more widely used and you'll find more people who can give you advice. I'm new to Linux aswell so I can't say what's best for you.
2)One option is to download virtualbox and download the Linux distribution you choose in .ova format ex: Ubuntu_20.04_LTS.ova (ova files are much easier than .iso to get working on VM)... and run it on your computer in a virtual machine.. that way you can use both operating systems as you need them. Another option is to create a partition on your hard drive and install your OS on there from USB as a dual boot system.
3) In VirtualBox you can enable a drag and drop feature to easily move files between host and VM.

When I do technical tasks that intimidate me I use chat.openai.com to help me when I get stuck

Thank you,

Freepoorman

Thank you for your responsiveness. Your answers are really very helpful.
I haven't had time to check the installation of the program yet. Virtual Box issues an error.

Attachments

• slide.jpeg
    slide.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 40

Staff online