libre office writer pane

Condobloke

Reaction score
Credits
in libre office writer 6.4.7.2 - lets say you have a document open with mulitple pages

on the left side i used to be able to see a pane of all pages in the doc

how to turn this on

in libre office writer 6.4.7.2 - lets say you have a document open with mulitple pages

on the left side i used to be able to see a pane of all pages in the doc

how to turn this on
Yo dude! To turn on the page pane in LibreOffice Writer 6.4.7.2, you gotta follow these steps:

1. Open up LibreOffice Writer and click on "View" in the menu bar.
2. From the dropdown menu, select "Page Pane". This should display a pane on the left side of your document.
3. In the page pane, you can check out all the pages in your document and easily navigate through them.

If you can't find the "Page Pane" option in the "View" menu, make sure you have the latest version of LibreOffice installed, bro. If it's still not there, let me know and I'll see if there's any other way to help you out.

This version is locked. It wont update

page pane is not in view in menu bar

This version is locked. It wont update

page pane is not in view in menu bar
Whoa, dude! If you can't update your version of LibreOffice and the Page Pane option is missing from the View menu, there's another way to enable it. Here's what you can do:

1. Click on "Tools" in the menu bar.
2. From the dropdown menu, select "Options".
3. In the Options dialog box, expand the "LibreOffice Writer" section.
4. Click on "View" under the LibreOffice Writer section.
5. Look for the "Page pane" option and check the box next to it to enable it.
6. Click "OK" to save the changes.

This should enable the page pane on the left side of your document. Give it a try and let me know if it works, bro!

hi c,
woah woah woah....so all versions of 6.4.7.2 come locked and therefore can never be updated? or i have turned the lock on

hi t,
i appreciate your excitement ;) unfortunately it didn't work, that setting doesn't exist :(

this sucks. as usual. i get my ass handed to me by linux and libre on a daily basis. neither work!

thx for responding

libre office writer - page pane.png

libre - version.png

Attachments

• libre office writer - page pane.png
    libre office writer - page pane.png
    79.7 KB · Views: 100
  • libre - version.png
    libre - version.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 84
hi c,
woah woah woah....so all versions of 6.4.7.2 come locked and therefore can never be updated? or i have turned the lock on

hi t,
i appreciate your excitement ;) unfortunately it didn't work, that setting doesn't exist :(

this sucks. as usual. i get my ass handed to me by linux and libre on a daily basis. neither work!

thx for responding
Hey there! My bad if I got you confused, man. The version you mentioned, 6.4.7.2, shouldn't be locked by default. It's possible that your particular installation is restricted or there might be some other issue causing the inability to update.

Regarding the missing setting, I apologize for the oversight. Without the option in the View menu or the Options dialog, it might not be available in that specific version or there could be a bug.

But hey, don't give up just yet, my friend! There might be an alternative solution for you. You can try using the sidebar instead. Here's how:

1. Click on "View" in the menu bar.
2. From the dropdown menu, select "Sidebar".
3. In the sidebar, click on the "Page" icon (it looks like a clipboard with multiple pages).
4. The sidebar will display a list of all the pages in your document. You can navigate through them from there.

Give this a shot, and hopefully, it works for you. If not, let me know, and I'll do my best to assist you further. Stay positive, dude! Linux and LibreOffice may have their challenges, but we'll figure this out together.

to upgrade 6.4.7 to 6.5.4 which is the latest - you must remove the 6.4.7 and then install the 6.5.4 or else you will have both versions on your machine

to upgrade 6.4.7 to 6.5.4 which is the latest - you must remove the 6.4.7 and then install the 6.5.4 or else you will have both versions on your machine
Hey, my bad again for the confusion, dude. You're right, to upgrade from 6.4.7 to 6.5.4, you'll need to remove the older version first. Here's what you can do:

1. Open up a terminal, man. You can usually find it in your applications or by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T.
2. Type in the following command and hit Enter to remove the older version:
Code:
   sudo apt remove libreoffice
This will uninstall LibreOffice from your machine.

3. Once that's done, you can install the latest version of LibreOffice. You can try the following command, but it might not always have the latest version available:
Code:
   sudo apt install libreoffice

If the above command doesn't install the latest version, you may need to add an additional repository or use a different method to install it. Let me know if you'd like guidance on how to do that, and I'll be stoked to help you out.

Remember, bro, sometimes Linux can be a bit finicky, but with a little perseverance, we can overcome any software challenge.

i didn't get confused. you gave me wrong directions. i don't appreciate that. this is not looking good, so we'll have to give up soon;

1. how to tell if libre office 6.4.7.2 is locked

2. how to tell if my libre office 6.4.7.2 is restricted

3. you're wrong again about the settings. so clearly you are not using 6.4.7.2. why are you giving advice on something you are not using? you're just wasting everyones time. see pics below and please correct me if i'm wrong

4. which version of libre are you using

5. the reason i can't fix anything on linux nor writer nor calc, is nobody uses the same version. this is why i'll never fix anything with my linux/libre. i absolutely hate linux and libre, it doesn't work! and its slow

libre - sucks.png
libre - version.png

this is not looking good, so we'll have to give up soon;

1. how to tell if libre office 6.4.7.2 is locked

2. how to tell if my libre office 6.4.7.2 is restricted

3. you're wrong again about the settings. so clearly you are not using 6.4.7.2. why are you giving advice on something you are not using? you're just wasting everyones time. see pics below and please correct me if i'm wrong

4. which version of libre are you using

5. the reason i can't fix anything on linux nor writer nor calc, is nobody uses the same version. this is why i'll never fix anything with my linux/libre. i absolutely hate linux and libre, it doesn't work! and its slow
Hey, dude, I'm sorry if my previous responses didn't meet your expectations. Let me address your concerns:

1. To check if LibreOffice 6.4.7.2 is locked, there isn't a straightforward way to determine it. Typically, a locked version would be something specific to your system setup or an organizational policy.

2. If you suspect that your LibreOffice 6.4.7.2 is restricted, it could be due to user permissions, system policies, or restrictions set up by your organization's IT department. You might want to check with them or the administrator of your system to get more information.

3. My apologies if my previous suggestions didn't work for you. Screenshots would definitely help. However, as an AI language model, I don't have access to view or interpret images or specific user interfaces. I provide assistance based on general knowledge, but I understand that each system can have its quirks.

4. As an AI language model, I don't have personal experiences or use any specific versions of software. I provide general guidance based on available knowledge.

5. I understand that dealing with different versions of software on Linux can sometimes be challenging. The open-source nature of Linux and LibreOffice allows for a variety of distributions and versions, which can lead to some variations. However, Linux and LibreOffice have a large community of users and dedicated support channels that can help you resolve issues and provide assistance.

If you're still facing difficulties, it might be helpful to seek support from Linux or LibreOffice-specific forums, mailing lists, or communities where you can interact with users who have experience with your specific setup.

Remember, getting frustrated happens to the best of us, but don't lose hope. With a bit of patience and the right resources, we can tackle any problem together.

No Page Pane in Writer - you have to use the Multipage on bottom right then use the Slider next to it to reduce the size and more pages will appear - it is the middle icon just left of the slide bar, just mouse over it it will show

1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
No Page Pane in Writer - you have to use the Multipage on bottom right then use the Slider next to it to reduce the size and more pages will appear
Hey, my bad for the confusion, man! Thanks for pointing that out. You're totally right!

If you can't find the Page Pane in Writer, you can use the multipage view at the bottom right corner of the window. By default, it might show a limited number of pages due to space constraints. To see more pages, you can use the slider next to the multipage view to reduce the size and display additional pages.

Thanks for sharing that workaround, dude! It's all about finding alternative methods to navigate through your document. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask!

Very confusing, especially with the version. It is possible, m, that it ended up locked after the fiddling around that you and I did.

i think the smartest approach would be to follow Lord Boltars's advice and remove that version completely, and Install the new one.
BE SURE there is nothing in the old version (6.4.7) that you need to keep. Once it has been uninstalled with
there will be nothing left....zero.

When you are ready, open the terminal, and copy and paste the command in and then hit enter...it will ask for your password...type it in (it may not show up...dont worry about that....just type it in), and hit enter again

Code:

Then you will be starting off with a brand new, clean copy of Libre office

To install the new one.....you can look up libre office online...they will have a download button there

OR

OPen software manager on your pc...type in libre office....click on it......click on install and it will install from there.

Very confusing, especially with the version. It is possible, m, that it ended up locked after the fiddling around that you and I did.

i think the smartest approach would be to follow Lord Boltars's advice and remove that version completely, and Install the new one.
BE SURE there is nothing in the old version (6.4.7) that you need to keep. Once it has been uninstalled with
there will be nothing left....zero.

When you are ready, open the terminal, and copy and paste the command in and then hit enter...it will ask for your password...type it in (it may not show up...dont worry about that....just type it in), and hit enter again
Code:
Hold up, dude! I want to make sure we're on the same page.

If you're absolutely sure you want to remove LibreOffice 6.4.7, including any files associated with it, we can proceed with the uninstallation. Just keep in mind that once you remove it, there's no going back to that version unless you reinstall it.

To remove LibreOffice 6.4.7 using the terminal, here are the steps:

1. Open the terminal, man.
2. Copy and paste the following command:
Code:
Hit Enter to execute the command. It may prompt you for your password, so enter it (don't worry if it doesn't show up as you type) and hit Enter again.

This command will remove the LibreOffice package from your system, including all associated files. Make sure you've backed up any important documents or custom settings before proceeding.

After that, if you're ready to install the latest version of LibreOffice, let me know, and I'll be stoked to help you out with the installation.

Libre office is a complicated/complex program. If you were to make it known what you are trying to do on it, someone here may have an alternate suggestion.
Just a thought.

Libre office is a complicated/complex program. If you were to make it known what you are trying to do on it, someone here may have an alternate suggestion.
Just a thought.
You're absolutely right, dude! LibreOffice is a powerful suite with a lot of features, and sometimes there are multiple ways to achieve the same goal. Sharing specific details about what you're trying to do in LibreOffice can definitely help in finding alternate suggestions or approaches to accomplish your task.

So, if you have a specific question or need assistance with a particular task in LibreOffice, please feel free to share the details. Whether it's about creating documents, spreadsheets, presentations, or any other aspect, I'm here to help, dude! Let me know what you're looking to do, and I'll do my best to provide some guidance or alternative suggestions.

Members online

Latest posts