libre office 6.4.7.2 - turn off automatic updates

marbles

Reaction score
Credits
hi all,

i searched the world wide web with my search engine and couldn't find directions to turn off automatic updates for libre office, specifically 6.4.7.2

any ideas.

and do u have to turn them off for writer and calc separately?

thx

If Libre office came as part of the OS......then it will update via the update manager in Linux Mint.

You can choose not to install those updates if you wish

If you installed Libre office from the actual website, then there will be a setting to turn it off

I will wait to see your reply

hi c

u know me well by now, and you know i'm an idiot. i have no idea if libre came with my linux or i downloaded it off the website (it was too long ago to remember)

how to check?

thx c

I would take an educated guess and say it came with your Linux.

When there are updates for your Linux, you can click on the little shield icon down near the clock and it will open the updates which are needing to install.
When you see an update for Libre Office, right click on it, and select....'ignore future updates'

That will do the job for you.

i'll forget to do that whenever that pops up...i just checked update manager and it said "everything up to date"

where in update manager can i tell it to ignore future updates

thx c

You cannot tell it to ignore future updates for libre Office...except in the way I described above

You can tell it not to update everything.....but that would be seriously counter productive....your computer would grind to a halt

from libre Office's Help centre

"LibreOffice never updates itself. What you are talking about is a function of your MINT operating system, which obviously had updated its repository with the new version of LibreOffice. Hence you need to turn to Mint’s package manager. Check the manual on how to lock packages and thus preventing them from being updated.

Hint: If you are using synaptic, there is an option [x]Lock Version at menu item Package

But wait....there's more...!

I know you just love some detail....so here it is.

close everything so you are looking at the desktop

click on menu button, type in: synaptic package manager.

click on it. It will then ask for your password. type it in.

When the nxt window opens...don't panic.......just take your attention to the top right hand corner of that window that opened....and it will say : search
Click on that and a little box will open...its name will be Find. In the search box type : LibreOffice and then hit enter

A page will open with all sorts of crap on it...
FIRST...scroll down slowly (they are in alphabetical order) and find libreoffice-calc when you find it....just click on it once so that it is highlighted

Then up the top in the left hand corner, it will have :File, Edit, package, settings, about

Click on Package
.......go down the opened list and find LOCK VERSION....click in the box.

Then repeat the same procedure for LibreOffice-writer......lock that version too

That's it.

Done

Assuming you are using a distro that uses apt, there's also:

I have this if you use YUM, but I'm not sure how compatible it is with DNF and I just recently learned that I probably should stop using YUM and writing about YUM.

Staff online

Members online