/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.25' not found

crenos

Reaction score
Credits
'm having trouble installing glibc-2.25 on Ubuntu 16.04.7 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.15.0-142-generic x86_64). I compiled everything according to the tutorial https://www.programmersought.com/article/15369803326/ changing glibc versions of course. But I still have a message as in the subject. In addition, when it searches for libc.so.6, it gets the command find:" libc.so.6 ": No such file or directory with the find command. I can't update ubuntu because the Nvidi drivers and Cuda only work properly with this version.
ldd --version
ldd (Ubuntu GLIBC 2.23-0ubuntu11.3) 2.23
Copyright (C) 2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Written by Roland McGrath and Ulrich Drepper.

strings libc.so.6 | grep GLIBC
strings: 'libc.so.6': No such file

Ubuntu 16.04 is dead there are no more Ubuntu repositories for it - you need to upgrade to at least 20.04

Last edited by a moderator:
Ubuntu 16.04 is dead there are no more Ubuntu repositories for it - you need to upgrade to at least 20.04

Unless they're using ESM. If that's the case, it's supported for 10 years, so until 2026.

ESM is free for like three personal computers.

Unless they're using ESM. If that's the case, it's supported for 10 years, so until 2026.

ESM is free for like three personal computers.
Yep I always forget about that but I do not use ESM

Yep I always forget about that but I do not use ESM

I get ESM on a bunch of devices (if I want) due to my status with Ubuntu. I think I can use 'em for commercial reasons, if I really wanted to.

So, with 10 years of support - for Ubuntu not the official flavors, though you can do so with the official flavors easily enough - I really don't have much of a need for any other distros.

Members online

Latest posts