Laptop battery not as expected {Solved)

gillsman

Reaction score
Credits
Hi,

I bought a new 9 cell 11.8v battery for my Fujitsu AH530 laptop, when I opened the power management tool on my Linux mint 20.3 cinnamon system it reports it to be 3.8v, have I bought a duff battery or is there something I don't understand about how the battery details are reported.
Screenshots attached.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Battery .png
    Battery .png
    66.3 KB · Views: 154
  • System info 2022-03-18 16-16-12.png
    System info 2022-03-18 16-16-12.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 198

Try using inxi to see what that says [I do know non OME batteries can throw up some erroneous reports]
terminal Inxi -B

Don't trust battery estimation tools 100% from the manufacturer or others. The tools are only estimates and can be wrong at times, especially if you don't calibrate the battery at times. Both of my laptops show the wrong estimation one shows more capacity than it's suppose to and my other shows a little less.

Look up or check with your laptop manufacturer about how to re-calibrate the battery and see if it fixes your issue after.

If you are like me and leave all your computers on almost 24 7 for months then your battery percentage capacity is going to drop faster, also if you unplug your laptop and let it drain it will drain faster after you use up some charge cycles.

You can check the amount of charges you have and try calculating yourself for a possible estimation.

You're welcome

Members online