Lınux adapter heatıng problem Emergency !

Mr.Miner

Reaction score
Credits
Hi guys, i installed linux live on usb stick Then, as seen in the photo, the adapter temperature starts to increase momentarily and there is a loud fan noise how can i solve this problem ?

Attachments

• 20220130_154851.jpg
    20220130_154851.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 132

Welcome to the forums
can you run in a terminal inxi -Fnxxz and paste the information back

Command 'inxi' not found, but can be installed with:
sudo apt install inxi

The noise @0.51 in the video is a fan over working, depending on your kit you could have 2 to 6 fans,
1 on the CPU, 1 on the case, 1or 2 on a discrete graphics card and 1 in the PSU, mechanically there are usually only 2 possibilities, first A sensor is not working, or the PSU is on the way out and putting through too much voltage on the 3-12 v circuits [this will kill the motherboard and hard drives]
Have you just built yours, have you changed any parts, or it's the CPU fan making the noise, have you disturbed the heat sink and broken the bond between the CPU and heat sink? Quickly switch on if the noise is coming from the PSU, pull the plug and take it to an engineer.

Addendum, changed to my big screen computer and had another look at your picture, the temperatures shown are well within tolerance,
so let's start again… What is the make and full model of your machine, and which distribution are you trying to install

Addendum, changed to my big screen computer and had another look at your picture, the temperatures shown are well within tolerance,
so let's start again… What is the make and full model of your machine, and which distribution are you trying to install
I want to install linux debian

The noise @0.51 in the video is a fan over working, depending on your kit you could have 2 to 6 fans,
1 on the CPU, 1 on the case, 1or 2 on a discrete graphics card and 1 in the PSU, mechanically there are usually only 2 possibilities, first A sensor is not working, or the PSU is on the way out and putting through too much voltage on the 3-12 v circuits [this will kill the motherboard and hard drives]
Have you just built yours, have you changed any parts, or it's the CPU fan making the noise, have you disturbed the heat sink and broken the bond between the CPU and heat sink? Quickly switch on if the noise is coming from the PSU, pull the plug and take it to an engineer.
I'm using windows, there is no such problem, it only happens when the usb live boot is on.

it only happens when the usb live boot is on.
I have not come across this problem before, so I will make a couple of suggestions, try downloading and installing another distribution [MX is Debian based] If your USB is old then it could have corrupted your ISO installation.
I don't know how experienced you are with Linux, but if you're new, then take a quick look at this

I have not come across this problem before, so I will make a couple of suggestions, try downloading and installing another distribution [MX is Debian based] If your USB is old then it could have corrupted your ISO installation.
I don't know how experienced you are with Linux, but if you're new, then take a quick look at this

Most likely a hardware problem, the usb may be old, thank you for your help.

Members online

Latest posts