Issue while dual booting Black_arch in windows

Ryan_Walker

Reaction score
Credits
Hi guys,
Please help me :
I am having many external ssds, so I thought to install one linux distributions in each ssd. Well, everything was working fine when I heard about Black arch linux. So I thought to install it in one of my ssd. I downloaded the live iso and the done creating a bootable usb and then I installed it in one of my ssds but after all those, when I restarted my laptop, I did not find my external ssd in the boot options. I have installed many os in different external ssds, like manjaro, kali, parrot os, garuda os and windows 10 in my nvme ssd (which is my main os) and everthing were working and detectable in the boot menu but this black arch is not getting detected in my laptop's boot menu, by the way my laptop is HP omen 15 (2020 model). But when I tried inserting the ssd (in which Black arch linux is installed) in my old laptop which is hp elitebook and it is working absolutely fine but not even getting detected in my new laptop.
When I am in my windows, I can find my Black arch ssd in disk management but is not showing in the boot menu.
Boot mode : UEFI mode in both the laptops

Can anyone please help me how to make it detectable in my omen please ?
I really want to use it in my omen as my old laptop's screen's many pixel are dead and the screen flickers a lot.

Thanks & Regards (in advance)
Ryan_Walker

It sounds like Grub doesn't know about your Black Arch installation.

Is there another Linux distro that you can boot into on that machine and same ssd so you can update Grub?

Did you go into the BIOS with the ssd that Black Arch is installed on and select it in the boot order menu?

Did you create an /efi partition?

Members online