Is LMDE 6 out yet?

CataclysmicGentleman

Reaction score
Credits
See here: https://community.linuxmint.com/iso
It shows this:
Does it mean I can update from LMDE5 to LMDE 6 now? I use AMD 64, wheres the update button LOL. theres "how tos" for going from 4 to 5 but nothing yet on how to go from 5 to 6. LMDE6 supposedly will have supporting drivers for my GPU (i wanna play deep rock galatic again)

Short version, is LMDE 6 out of beta now? can I update it, and how do I do so?

1695769130858.png

1695771319564.png
im holding my breath

I would wait a bit. LMDE6 beta has been released but offically LMDE6 final has not been released. It should be in a few days. It's been approved for stable but Mint waits until all of it's mirriors have been synced before announcing the release.
If LMDE5 is working well for you I would wait a few days after announcement made and then upgrade. Good luck.

The entitlement is real. How about you show some appreciation for the people who make your computer work at no charge instead of complaining the new version isn't here yet.

I would wait a bit. LMDE6 beta has been released but offically LMDE6 final has not been released. It should be in a few days. It's been approved for stable but Mint waits until all of it's mirriors have been synced before announcing the release.
If LMDE5 is working well for you I would wait a few days after announcement made and then upgrade. Good luck.
Good wisdom in what you said.:)
I wait 3 months once a distribution has been released and I have my reasons.

Last edited:
The entitlement is real. How about you show some appreciation for the people who make your computer work at no charge instead of complaining the new version isn't here yet.
i wasnt complaining sir, i was asking how to update so I can use my desktop to the fullest with my fave OS :)

It is but be careful, 2 of 3 latops I upgraded from 5 had problems.....

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts