Installing Linux on a Samsung 500t, xe500t1c model.

DVLXVII

Reaction score
Credits
Hello people of technology,

I need help! I have an old Samsung 500t xe500t1c model, and I want to install a Linux distribution.

Specifications:

I know how to create a bootable USB pendrive with a Linux ISO, in my case, a 32bit.

The problem is when I start my PC from USB and start the installation process. The process freezes and the PC gets stuck.

Can someone help me?
Thanks

Ps: I have no problem installing a Windows ISO. But Linux does not w
ant to work...

Welcome to the forums
let's start with some basics, What did you use to burn the ISO as a bootable drive ? [Rufus is known to cause problems] I recommend Balena Etcher,
use a good quality fairly new Pen-drive
check the sha sums match
which distribution did you chose?

Welcome to the forums
let's start with some basics, What did you use to burn the ISO as a bootable drive ? [Rufus is known to cause problems] I recommend Balena Etcher,
use a good quality fairly new Pen-drive
check the sha sums match
which distribution did you chose?
I used Rufus and Balena Etcher.

I tried to install some lighter weight distributions like Puppy, Crunchbang, Antix, Bodhi, Peppermint OS...

There are many support questions on this machine across the various forums [at least4 are yours] going back to around 2014, None are marked as solved,
check to see if it has secure boot and if so disable it depending on which version of W8 it came with, it may have windows fast boot, this too will need to be disabled. I am not familiar with that specific machine, although the specs look OK, there may be something.I can't see, locking it to windows.

The Secure boot is disabled.

Windows fast boot, could not find in the bios

- Before getting stuck in the part of choosing the language, an error appears, something like "GPIO interrupt error".
2.jpg

Last edited:
GP10 errors are to do with pin configuration of a component [could be CPU, ram or any other] something I have never played around with as I consider it beyond my pay grade,
did any of the distributions you tried run in "live" or trial mode before you tried to install them? If so run again in trial mode, connect it to the internet, and run from a terminal inxi -Fnxxz then copy and paste back the result, [it may give me a better idea of the machine]

I am wondering if it has a similar "lock" to a Samsung Android tablet [this locks it to a particular OS] worth checking ? Open the BIOS and look for developer mode, if you find it then enable it, and try to install linux again.

If I choose live /trial mode gets stuck in the distro logo.

If I choose the installation gets stuck in the choice of language.

No, there is no Developer Mode option in the bios.

I had no problem with my laptop. I was able to install the same ISO on a 32-bit system.
Thanks for the help, but it seems impossible :(

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I think you're correct, although Linux works on most kit it is most and not all.

Members online