Install anonsurf in Zorin/ubuntu

Adithyansm

Reaction score
Credits
Hello guys hope all are having a great day :)
Anonsurf is an app developed by the parrot os developers it is a helpful tool to keep anonymity on the web it routes internet traffic through tor network
since the Indian gov has ordered all the VPN companies to keep logs for the next 5 years so I have quit using the VPN'S
How can I install it in the Zorin os
anonsurf has been forked many times but it seems they all have been abandoned
I want the latest version also
Does anybody knows how to achieve this

Just subscribe to a Swiss vpn service they have stricter privacy laws.

Just subscribe to a Swiss vpn service they have stricter privacy laws.
The Government had released the law to keep logs for all VPN services not any exceptions for swiss based VPN
So tor is the only way :rolleyes:

Other option is to rent a vps in another country, setup your own vpn service on that vps and then connect your home connection to that vps making sure the logs are wiped. That one might not be doable for you.

Then you could also rent a vps install a Linux distribution on it and use ssh forwarding so that you connect through ssh and than run Firefox so that Firefox starts up locally for you but you are connected remotely.
Check out this article and the following section: "How Do I Run Firefox Remotely On Server?"

VPS is costly!!
Do you know how to install anonsurf ?

I have never used it, not going to look at it now. You could use a public socks proxy?

Look at this URL it hasn't been updated in over 5 years

I didn't read it all, I found another one but you would have to compile it from source and looks too complicated for you. Have a look at the url I linked about a socks proxy.

Didn't check that, but looks like not. However why are you making me do your search work for you. I'm just trying to give you ideas.
The Swiss version requires sign off by a judge and needs to go through two levels of judiciary for approval. The Swiss also don’t have a history of cooperating with the US, unlike German intelligence.

Strong legal protections​

Switzerland has much more robust legal protections in place than either the US or other European countries. While Switzerland is a party to different international assistance treaties, any surveillance requests that come from a foreign intelligence agency would need to pass the scrutiny of Swiss criminal procedure and data protection laws, a much stricter standard than any other country offers.
So looking at that a vpn provider in Switzerland is still a good option. If you are going to have to say something against that you might as well search for something yourself.

Why not just download the Tor Browser - https://www.torproject.org/download/ this does not install it runs as a portable app - just extract the contents you will get a folder - open folder and double click "start-tor-browser.desktop" follow on screen prompts

AFAIK browsing through Tor is really slow, at least that was the last time I browsed the web using Tor.

Switzerland works for me

Members online