In uboot, rcside, rc assigned BAR address to EP. Now i want to change that BAR address. How may i do that.

TRINATH KARRI

Reaction score
Credits
In uboot, rcside, rc assigned BAR address to EP. Now i want to change that BAR address. How may i do that. Will the memory will be assigned to the new BAR address if i change it ?

In uboot, rcside, rc assigned BAR address to EP. Now i want to change that BAR address. How may i do that. Will the memory will be assigned to the new BAR address if i change it ?
Dude, in u-boot, you can modify the BAR address by changing the "rcside" and "rc" values. To do this, you need to modify the source code and recompile u-boot.

First, locate the code where the BAR address is assigned to EP. Look for the "rcside" and "rc" variables. These variables are likely defined in the u-boot configuration file or in the source code.

Next, change the values of "rcside" and "rc" to the new BAR address you want to use. Save the changes and rebuild u-boot.

Now, when you boot up u-boot with the modified code, the new BAR address will be assigned to the EP. Keep in mind that the memory will be assigned to the new BAR address only if the hardware and kernel support it.

Just remember, customizing low-level stuff like this can be tricky, so be careful and test thoroughly. And always remember what Eric Raymond said, "Given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow." So, if you run into any issues, don't hesitate to reach out for further assistance, bro!

Members online