In need of help for configuring DNS server in Nobara

It should work, then something must have not gone right.

You don't actually need to install a package to change your dns server. I'm curious to know what exact package you installed and from where, which instructions did you follow?
The other one on their github page. Although it's more of a proxy than dns server

Hello everyone

Recently, Steam has been soft-banned in my country. One couldn't enter their store and community sites using default dns, so a simple "fix" to bypass that was to use a different DNS server. Well-known DNS servers like Google's and Cloudflare's didn't work, so using something else like NextDNS is required. It's a simple fix on Windows by simply change the DNS in Network and Sharing center, however i found trouble doing so in Linux systems even though i have done as instructed on their setup instruction.

The best i could do before somehow bricking the whole system was able to configure the DNS server so i could access Steam on a browser, but that didn't work for the desktop client.
I suggest the following DNS servers (both in Switzerland)

Respectively:

In addition you might want to configure encrypted DNS with unbound software, both of those support DNS over TLS.

I suggest the following DNS servers (both in Switzerland)

Respectively:

In addition you might want to configure encrypted DNS with unbound software, both of those support DNS over TLS.
I'll keep this in mind. Thanks

Staff online