Purchase Linux CDs / DVDs / Flash Drives at OSDisc.com

Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd please sign up again. Thanks!

HP Mini 1110 3030NR

Discussion in 'Laptops / Netbooks' started by Smokey, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Smokey

Smokey Guest

So I slapped Xubuntu on my HP Mini 110 3030NR. Works perfect. I tried a few versions of Mint and had sound issues. Not the case with Xubuntu. Really pleased with it so far and it's pretty snappy after it boots up. :D

2. Are you running the latest Xubuntu version? I must admit that I am quite the fan of Xubuntu and it is currently my main distro. I have experienced sound problems in the past when it comes to Mint and I am surprised to see it still happens! I do hate to hear that, but stuff like that happens I guess.

Xubuntu is a very snappy little distribution. The boot up time is not too bad at all and everything works perfectly once it is loaded. This is one thing I have always enjoyed about Linux when compared to something like the laptop I am on that is running Windows 7. Once the laptop boots up, I have to let it sit a bit to "warm up", I guess, or I experience some lagging.

3. Smokey

Smokey Guest

Yep running the latest version. I also love the little built in dock at the bottom. :D Xubuntu is very much comparable to OSX which i love.

4. jschuhr

jschuhr Guest

I decided on Xubuntu as well for my aging netbook (Asus EEE 1000HE) - really digging it. No problems to speak of here.