How to establish communication between linux system and android device using usb cable for live camera frames transfer

Nakul Deshmukh

Reaction score
Credits
Basically I want to send the live frames from jetson to my android mobile using a cable .I think I'll have to usb cable .But what cable should I be using ? A simple otg cable that is used for charging or some other ttly converter cable .how do I communication between these two devices

If it's the original cable, it should be both charger and data, when I had an android phone, I use to just connect it to the computer, [it was recognised as android storage device] open the file system find and open whatever I wanted to transfer, then drag and drop to the desktop, i could then check it had transfered ok and then move to whichever folder on the computer i wanted to keep it in

Yeah I have the cable on me .But the problem is that I wanna stream the camera feed in real time from my linux to my android phone .

There are a couple ways to do it. I use KDE connect which works fine. But you have to put the app on your Android phone also. I've also used bluetooth to transfer files. between phone and computer. The problem now with the usb cable is android has changed it formatting and Linux no longer able to communicate with the phone via usb. Though you can try installing MTP file format and see if that works. On Linux Mint it's call mtp-tools. Good luck

I hope I have the thread I'm looking for. I don't want to do a live stream, I just want to get images and video off my phone, and have Linux recognize the phone when I connect it through a USB cable. So I need to to install MTP? I'm looking at Software Mgr. and see GMTP. Is this what you are referring to? Does it require reboot?

I hope I have the thread I'm looking for. I don't want to do a live stream, I just want to get images and video off my phone, and have Linux recognize the phone when I connect it through a USB cable. So I need to to install MTP? I'm looking at Software Mgr. and see GMTP. Is this what you are referring to? Does it require reboot?
GMTP should work.

Okay I loaded it, and it didn't work. Wanted to get back to this thread but have been busy. Just wanted to get back to you to let you know what happened. May have some time later today. But I'll be back.

Staff online

Latest posts