How secure?

C

Crippled

I am curious about how secure each distro is. When print file sharing is disable and you are not using it as a server. I am using openSUSE13.2 in this manner. What information can be had from a hacker or just normal surfing? Also I hear some say Ubuntu has a key logger, is that really true?

I am curious about how secure each distro is. When print file sharing is disable and you are not using it as a server. I am using openSUSE13.2 in this manner. What information can be had from a hacker or just normal surfing? Also I hear some say Ubuntu has a key logger, is that really true?
I have never found anything in Ubuntu to suggest a Key logger. Ubuntu is Opensource, if Ubuntu contains a keylogger then insertion of any malicious code would have to occur during the packaging by Canonical.

As for the OpenSUSE security, what can be seen by the network really depends on the running services as well as the firewall. Its possible to block all communication, and in that instance the system shouldn't very visible. It would just 'exist' on the network. A default installation would most likely not have very many services running,...fairly secure. I believe that OpenSUSE employs Apparmor ( a very basic form of sandboxing), if so security is tightened even further.

This page has more information: https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Security_Features

Members online