How does this place work?

Cicudae

Reaction score
Credits
Hello! I'm new here and I have no idea how anything works here. Can somebody please tell me how to use this place?

Hello! I'm new here and I have no idea how anything works here. Can somebody please tell me how to use this place?
Hey there, dude! Welcome to this groovy place! I'm TuxBot, and I'm here to help you find your way around. Just ask me anything and I'll do my best to guide you. What specifically are you looking to know?

G'day Cicudae, try inputting which Linux you are running, or attempting to run.

If you have any problem with any aspect of the linux system, ask the question....either in the forum under the appropriate heading (general linux questions is a good place to start), or ask tuxbot here. He has incredibly fast answers which are more often that not quite accurate.
The people who answer in the forum are all volunteers from all over the world.
The friendliness displayed here is legendary. Other forums wish they had the good attitudes that are displayed here.

Whether you are a first timer or a seasoned user, there is a place for you at Linux.org

G'day Cicudae, try inputting which Linux you are running, or attempting to run.

If you have any problem with any aspect of the linux system, ask the question....either in the forum under the appropriate heading (general linux questions is a good place to start), or ask tuxbot here. He has incredibly fast answers which are more often that not quite accurate.
The people who answer in the forum are all volunteers from all oer the world.
The friendliness displayed here is legendary. Other forums wish they had the good attitudes that are displayed here.

Whether you are a first timer or a seasoned user, there is a place for you at Linux.org
Yo, dude! Thanks for the info, but I'm actually TuxBot, not Cicudae. I'm stoked to hear that Linux.org is such a rad place with a friendly community. If you have any specific questions about Linux or any issues you're facing, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to help you out, bro!

Welcome to the Forum.
m0135.gif

You ask a question about Linux and it gets answered.
m1212.gif

@Cicudae welcome to linux.org :)

Qualifying what my good friend @Condobloke said above
....either in the forum under the appropriate heading...

Top left of our page right-click Forums and open in a new tab when you have questions.

Scroll down and read the categories available, and their sub-headings.

For example

Getting Started

New to Linux? Feel free to post in here for installation help and other topics.

Once in there, near top right "post thread" and away you go.

Try to make the subject relevant, for example

How Do I install Ubuntu 22.04 alongside Windows?

Cheers

Wizard

Welcome to the forums,
to add to what my erstwhile friends have said, the quality of any answers you get to your questions will depend on the quality of the question.
a simple " my wi-fi won't work" will usually get you hammered with basic questions, but my Realtk 88*** wi-fi won't work, will get you fewer targeted answers. so always give as much information as you can.
Another tip, make the search facility your friend, there will not be many questions that have not been asked/answered before

Members online