How do I view images that are saved as html files in directories

sofasurfer

Reaction score
Credits
I have images in directories that are saved as html data (.js and .mjs files). I have never seen this before and so I am thinking they have been converted or corrupted or something. They were viewable before as far as I know. But now every directory has tons of them. How can I open these images up and get them saved back to a normal format?

I have images in directories that are saved as html data (.js and .mjs files). I have never seen this before and so I am thinking they have been converted or corrupted or something. They were viewable before as far as I know. But now every directory has tons of them. How can I open these images up and get them saved back to a normal format?

Those are javascript files. Not sure there's a way to recover your images from them.

Worst case, can you insert them back into HTML and then take a screenshot of the images?

Is there a process for this? Would it help if I include a copy of one of the directories?

If you have the original HTML, you can just open the <foo>.html with your browser of choice.

Other than that, I never work with JS directly, so you'd need to use a search engine. If I knew how to generically embed the files I'd tell you, but I don't have a clue. At absolute best, I hack some PHP together and call it good. These days, I let scripts do it all for me. Sorry.

We may have someone here who's into web development, but they've not outed themselves according to my memory.

What format were the images originally in? Or did you download them as .js and .mjs to start with?
And what were you using to view them before?

.js is plain JavaScript and .mjs is ECMA script (a variant of JavaScript).

I haven’t done any web development in years. JavaScript has changed a lot since I last used it. Way before Node.js and all of the other frameworks that have popped up.

Last edited:

Members online