Solved How can I find the needed Ubuntu repository and use it in Mint?

Solved issue

Hallelujah !!

Geez Louise, and here I am, back with my solution.

Just kidding, good outcome. :)

Daryl, now would be a good time to take a Timeshift snapshot, in order to preserve the functionality.

Thanks to all Helpers, as usual.

Enjoy your Linux.

Wizard

BTW - we now have an added functionality for placing Solved at the beginning, courtesy of Rob. OPs (original posters) Just go to your first Post, and rather than add it manually to the title, you can just click the No Prefix part at start and choose Solved.

Provides for a standout banner in green and white which grabs the attention of readers. I have done that for the Thread.

I followed the link in post #14 ( https://www.linux.org/threads/how-to-install-yt-dlp-in-linux-mint-21-1-cinnamon.44558/post-188535 )and the solution offered by the robot (tbot) did not work. So I told the tbot about it and it offered me another solution.
Well whaddya know? I tried the python install and it works just fine! I downloaded a video and am watching it...THAT is neat, TuxBot saves the day!
I still would rather not have AI in my life or on the planet but I have to say, I have a working yt-dlp.
You know, i am sympathetic to the dislike of computers and robots, but I think you'll find that AI is great for particular things. It can process/organize information quickly and efficiently, the thing that it lacks is an ability to be creative.

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts