Hi from Idaho, USA

pizzipie

Reaction score
Credits
Hi all,

My name is Rick and I go by pizzipie. I have been a Linux user since about 1997. I had received an unsolicited disk from Microsoft containing the newest version of Internet Explorer. I installed it and my computer quit working. I called them for help, as I had done many times before, (actually talking to someone), and was told that for $35 they would help me install the disk they sent me. I re-formatted the HD and went from there. BUY BUY MS.

I have worked my way up to Ubuntu 18.04 and shortly 20.04. I just got done building my first computer and am trying to work my way through the little? problems that seem to go along with installing new hardware in Linux. I have used Linux Questions in the past and just happily discovered Linux.org. Look forward to meeting a few of you. You folks are what makes Linux possible to work with! !!!

Thanks for the welcome,

R

G'day Rick, Welcome to linux.org

That was a great marketing ploy by msoft...send a disc....make the machine unbootable etc.....then charge to rectify the problem !

We can answer most questions, mate.

Hang around and enjoy the company here.

G'day again, Rick and another welcome from another Aussie :)

Brian @Condobloke and I "met" 6 years ago in about 10 days, at another Forum I describe as "Stalag 13 but without the humour". We've been here 3 years last May, and met some wonderful, friendly people, and some "brains trust" whose skills make my eyes go o_O, but we learn from them.

Enjoy your Linux

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Daz is from New Zealand.

Now all we need is South Africa and we have a good representation from the Southern Hemisphere (well, at least Commonwealth Countries ;)).

Hey, @lekkerlinux ... you about? Come and say Hi.

Hello Rick, Welcome to the forums. Great to have you here! :)

Latest posts