Help

Kman

Reaction score
Credits
Hi, could someone help a old skid. I would like to know the best linux to download? Klai-lunix as I don't want to change my boot log. I just want to know what my friend is searching on my wifi, I can log into my modem (network) and I can see who logged on but I can't see what their searching.

Looking at this I must be way out of my depth.

Do you have any experience of using Linux? If the answer is no, then pen-testing [hacking] distributions and how to use them are well beyond the average user,
If you are not beholden to Windows or Mac, and want to change to Linux, then we can help you,
As a matter of your own security, you should not be sharing your home wi-fi with other people

@Brickwizard :-

I know a few folks that have deliberately set-up a guest a/c with their ISPs, just FOR friends and/or other casuals who may need to use it while they're on your property.

You certainly shouldn't share your own a/c, that goes without saying....

Mike. :rolleyes:

Hi, could someone help a old skid. I would like to know the best linux to download? Klai-lunix as I don't want to change my boot log. I just want to know what my friend is searching on my wifi, I can log into my modem (network) and I can see who logged on but I can't see what their searching.
I am still trying to understand this original question. Can you add more explanation, please?

It sounds like you want to "sniff" your WiFi network to see your friend's web search activities on that WiFi network. Is that right?

If so, a popular tool for sniffing networks is called Wireshark. It will let you see and filter network traffic. The problem is that Wireshark takes training and practice to use and a decent knowledge of networks and how they work. Wireshark is not designed for "old skids".

Wireshark runs on nearly all distros of Linux, but it also runs on Windows and Mac. The Wireshark app itself is easy to install and run, but understanding it and knowing what you are doing with it is a different story. See:
https://www.wireshark.org

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online