HELP PLEASE ANYONE!!!

D

damanofmanyskills

Ok, so this might be a little long guys. bear with me.
I have a 500g harddrive gateway ne56r41u laptop that im trying to install archassault onto with an intel b960 processor. Ok so the story is i tried the install many ways but never could get the install to boot. now im having problems getting any distro to boot up and im stuck in grub rescue> when i give it the ls command it outputs > hd0, gpt > and also my bios only has grub-legacy or uefi when i press f2 to go into boot options. im really stuck on this one guys , please help i know im a n00b.

If you are a "noob"...

a) Don't use Arch or any derivative, until you know what you are doing.

b) Why are you attempting to use a distro designed for "penetration testers, security experts and all-round Linux enthusiasts"?

3) What other OSs have you got on your Hard Drive?

ive had gnuradio liveiso, kali 1.07-1.09, the last .conf editing is giving me hell now in /etc/pacman.d/conf or whatever t f it is. anyway ended up getting it to boot but now i have no pacman updating bc of the conf files. :/

i am "user who knows enough to get things half way installed" LMAO.

Did you take the recommended first steps for Arch?

Important! Run "sudo pacman -Syy" before trying to use pacman.
It's a good idea to run "sudo packer -Syu" to update packages including AUR.

Hey, I thought I'd weigh in as well..... Arch DOES seem for others more skilled than you and I..... :) Have you been able to boot from USB.....? :) I recommend Ubuntu 14.04 as well..... If you can boot from USB, try running GParted to check what your Partitions are..... It comes with the Ubuntu 14.04 ISO..... :D Oh, you need at LEAST a 1GB USB Drive..... :)

Last edited:
I ran into a similler problem try this hop it help

I have some good info for you and how to solve it ,,, but they wont let me add any Link here

sorry cant help

good luck

Staff online