HELP ME!! please....

seratoonyn999

Reaction score
Credits
Okay, so i have this Lenovo Chromebook and im trying to download any current version of Windows.. it directed me to turning on Linux via Advanced settings..
Now what do i do?? ive searched the internet looking for the coding info or whatever it is im supposed to use in the Linux Terminal to allow me to download Windows on this thing and i cant figure it out..

Hello @seratoonyn999 ,
Welcome to the Linux.org forum.

The question arises which lenovo chromebook they make several. windows may work on some but not on others. I doubt it will be a good experience for you. Linux may be a better fit. Chromebooks are designed to run one OS. Chrome, and don't do really well with others. But that being said on some models it can be done. so even if you get windows install I doubt it will run well on that machine. But if you want to try this page may be of help:

Last edited:
im trying to download any current version of Windows.. it directed me to turning on Linux via Advanced settings..
As @kc1di has said Chromebooks are designed for one use and that is Chrome, they have a life expectancy of 3 to 5 years [depending on the version of chrome installed] many but not all can be forced to run a full Linux distribution some can be forced to run windows [but it will be slow]
To install anything other than Chrome you need to use expert mode or advanced settings, how you do this will depend on the make and model of the machine, some can be done via the terminal, some you will need to be good at following diagrams and being careful with a screwdriver, as it will involve either removing a screw inside or changing a jumper setting.
As I said many can, but equally there are many that cannot be converted, so do your homework first

Latest posts