Hello World!

P

pimpcode74

I began running Linux in '03 with a copy of RedHat 8 that came with a book I bought.
Switched to Slackware in '06. Long live Tux!

Aloha! Welcome to Linux.org! It is great that you freed yourself from the Blue Empire and have been free for so long. What made you choose Slackware over all of the other distros?

You can find some great articles on the main page of this site. Enjoy Linux.org!

Aloha! Welcome to Linux.org! It is great that you freed yourself from the Blue Empire and have been free for so long. What made you choose Slackware over all of the other distros?

You can find some great articles on the main page of this site. Enjoy Linux.org!

Thank you all for having me. I'm trying to become active in the Linux community, since I've been running it for the last 10 years. I can't remember exactly why I chose Slackware, but when I was looking into switching from RH, whatever I read about Slack made me try it out. So glad I did.

Slackware and Gentoo are two distros I haven't tried but need to. They both seem to have unique niches and very loyal users/communities.

Welcome to the forum!

Members online