HDMI Dual Adaptor compatible with Linux OS

Dinner Belle

Reaction score
Credits
I recently purchased two new monitors. My laptop has 1 HDMI port, and the VGA port is too close to the HDMI port, so I cannot use that as an option. The 2-port HDMI adapter does need to be a USB plug-in to the laptop? I ordered the StarTech USB 3.0 Dual HDMI Adapter and when it arrived it did not work because I missed the note that said Windows only.

G'day Dinner Belle, Welcome to Linux.org

i have zero experience of such adaptors.....so I will watch this thread with interest.

I would not have thought an adaptor would be exclusive to windows.

I am looking at a star tech product on Ebay Australia.....

and it does indeed say compatible with windows 10, 8 ,7

I am not so sure I would pay too much attention to that....I have numerous devices, keyboards, mice, various plug in pieces that also say win 10 8,7 etc etc....and they all work with Linux

Someone else here will have more input, I am sure.

I am looking at a star tech product on Ebay Australia.....

and it does indeed say compatible with windows 10, 8 ,7

I am not so sure I would pay too much attention to that....I have numerous devices, keyboards, mice, various plug in pieces that also say win 10 8,7 etc etc....and they all work with Linux

Someone else here will have more input, I am sure.
Thank you for the quick response. This is what the product info is telling me on amazon:
  • WINDOWS ONLY: This USB 3.0 to Dual HDMI Adapter is only compatible with Windows operating systems and does not support MacBook devices
  • Compatibility: Windows 11, Windows 10 (32/64), Windows 8 / 8.1 (32/64) andWindows 7(32/64)
I may give it another try.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts