Solved Flatpak Update fails

Solved issue

tinfoil-hat

Reaction score
Credits
Hi, when i try to do a flatpak update I get:

Code:
Info: (pinned) runtime org.freedesktop.Platform.Locale branch 21.08 is end-of-life, with reason:
   org.freedesktop.Platform 21.08 is no longer receiving fixes and security updates. Please update to a supported runtime version.

Info: (pinned) runtime org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.default branch 21.08 is end-of-life, with reason:
   org.freedesktop.Platform 21.08 is no longer receiving fixes and security updates. Please update to a supported runtime version.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Do you have Plexamp music player installed ?

You are running LMDE 6 ?

open update manager...either via menu or by clicking on the update icon in the system tray

click on Edit. and then on software sources, and then on PPA's

Tell/show me what is there

open update manager...either via menu or by clicking on the update icon in the system tray

click on Edit. and then on software sources, and then on PPA's

Tell/show me what is there
Bildschirmfoto vom 2024-04-07 07-21-30.png

In Terminal:

Code:
flatpak uninstall --unused

COpy and paste back the result, Please.

be sure to copy and paste the terminal command above....there is a space between uninstall and the first -

In Terminal:

Code:
flatpak uninstall --unused

COpy and paste back the result, Please.
Here's the output:

Code:
└─$ flatpak uninstall --unused
These runtimes in installation 'system' are pinned and won't be removed; see flatpak-pin(1):
  runtime/org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.default/x86_64/21.08
  runtime/org.freedesktop.Platform.Locale/x86_64/21.08
  runtime/org.freedesktop.Platform.ffmpeg-full/x86_64/23.08
  runtime/org.freedesktop.Platform.openh264/x86_64/2.2.0
  runtime/org.gtk.Gtk3theme.Mint-Y-Dark-Aqua/x86_64/3.22
  runtime/org.gtk.Gtk3theme.Mint-Y-Dark-Blue/x86_64/3.22
  runtime/org.gtk.Gtk3theme.Mint-Y-Dark-Orange/x86_64/3.22
  runtime/org.gtk.Gtk3theme.Mint-Y-Dark-Red/x86_64/3.22
  runtime/org.gtk.Gtk3theme.Mint-Y-Dark/x86_64/3.22
Nothing unused to uninstall

That looks good..

so run this one as well....

flatpak update

That looks good..

so run this one as well....

flatpak update
that was the output in first post

Code:
└─$ flatpak update
Suche nach Aktualisierungen …

Info: (pinned) runtime org.freedesktop.Platform.Locale branch 21.08 is end-of-life, with reason:

Info: (pinned) runtime org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.default branch 21.08 is end-of-life, with reason:

Nichts zu tun.

AFAIK 23.07 is not the default, try the following to unpin them.
flatpak pin --remove runtime/org.freedesktop.Platform.Locale/x86_64/21.08 runtime/org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.default/x86_64/21.08

AFAIK 23.07 is not the default, try the following to unpin them.

Code:
└─$  flatpak pin --remove runtime/org.freedesktop.Platform.Locale/21.08 runtime/org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.default/21.08

Fehler: No current pinned pattern matching runtime/org.freedesktop.Platform.Locale/21.08

Try just running this then.
flatpak pin --remove runtime/org.freedesktop.Platform.Locale untime/org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.default

Try just running this then.
Code:
└─$ flatpak pin --remove runtime/org.freedesktop.Platform.Locale untime/org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.default
Fehler: No current pinned pattern matching runtime/org.freedesktop.Platform.Locale

Code:
└─$ flatpak pin --remove runtime/org.freedesktop.Platform.Locale untime/org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.default
Fehler: No current pinned pattern matching runtime/org.freedesktop.Platform.Locale
Get creative with the "flatpak pin --remove" command that's how I removed the ones that were pinned for me. You just have to find the right naming of your flatpaks. Maybe then this?
flatpak pin --remove org.freedesktop.Platform.Locale org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.default

Get creative with the "flatpak pin --remove" command that's how I removed the ones that were pinned for me. You just have to find the right naming of your flatpaks. Maybe then this?
seems like they are pinned now. How can I upgrade them? or should I leave it just as it is?

You should be able to unpin them, when using the right now. When I check mine for those they look like this.
Code:
flatpak info  org.freedesktop.Platform.Locale
            ID: org.freedesktop.Platform.Locale
           Ref: runtime/org.freedesktop.Platform.Locale/x86_64/23.08
Do the same for you and see what the output is.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts