Financial spreadsheet

VP9KS

Reaction score
Credits
In an earlier thread, I mentioned that I use a spreadsheet to keep track of my finances. I started building it in Excel 2000, and have been upgrading it over many years. The last upgrade I did was to add the SUMIFS command to automate a lot of the functions. That is when I found out that Excel 2000 does not recognize the SUMIFS command. Bugger! I did not wish to expend mucho Dinara to upgrade to the latest version, and have to pay yearly to use it, so I switched to Open Office 4.1.13. I chose this version because I am using an old WIN XP laptop because I don't wish for my information to be available to the internet. I took my workbook, sanitized all the account numbers from it, and added a few bells and whistles to it to see if it works for anyone else. I set it up for 2 people, with up to 4 jobs, 4 credit cards, 2 checking accounts, 2 savings accounts, 2 Roth IRA accounts, 3 Money market accounts, a 401K account, and a Stock register.

It opens in the Budget sheet. The categories with a blue background are currently set up to get their data from the 4 credit cards, however I have added those same categories for the two checking accounts. All this is contained in the "Income" sheet. The "DED" sheet has cells for weekly checks for all 4 jobs, along with deductions for Federal Income Tax, State Income Tax, Social Security, etc. Give it a go, and see if it works for you. All formulas are locked and visable, but there is no password required to unlock any cell. I would advise the user to save a master copy, and use a renamed copy for each year. (it is set up to be started anew each year) have fun!

Let me know what you think, and if you have any questions, please let me know.:)

Happy Trails,

Paul

Ok, I deleted the extra posts and put the attachment on this post. I also cleaned up the "Budget" page of the spreadsheet. Here is the latest edition of it. (V1.00.01)

Attachments

• FINANCES GENERIC.ods.zip
    90.4 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

I sure am tired of these F#####g pop up ads!!!!!!!!

I use uBlock Origin and Privacy Badger to kill the ads (Firefox) - I am looking at your Finances page - A lot more in-depth for what I personally but looks good nonetheless - good work
Yeah, That is the good thing about it, only use what you need, and with no password, it can be modified to your taste. You know, add a little whipped cream or other garnishments, or take it straight up, or even on the rocks. NYUK NYUK

What really burned my buns about the ads, was when I was attempting to edit my post, it kept getting covered up because that bottom ad moved up over it. Just a weeee bit annoying, don't ya know!
I really should not need an ad blocker, IMHO.

Thanks for your input.

Happy Trails,
Paul