facing an error message "Forwarding to syslog missed 23 messages" when i run journalctl command on my remote device.

joenelson

Reaction score
Credits
I am facing an error message "Forwarding to syslog missed 23 messages" when i run journalctl command on my remote device.

The exact message is " "systemd-journald[97]: Forwarding to syslog missed 220 messages".hoe can i solve it ?

Is this on a server system?
I ask as I have seen this question a few rears back, [I am not a programmer or sys eng.] but I seem to remember the options were something like, increase the sylog file or forward all logs to a different larger file.

so i am trying to access my device via ssh . The device consists of a ps,pl , camera and other sensor has logs which constantly updates . i am trying to run a command journalctl -f and the logs from the device is appearing on the screen and in between a message arrives "systemd-journald[97]: Forwarding to syslog missed 220 messages". I tried changing the journald.conf file .RateLimitIntervalSec and RateLimitBurst but still no change to the message
1706005534877.png

@joenelson, there does not appear to be an error message in the output of post #4. This is what an error message from journalctl usually looks like:
Code:
[tom@min ~/notes]$ journalctl -b | grep -i error
Jan 24 07:23:39 min kernel: RAS: Correctable Errors collector initialized.
Jan 24 07:23:39 min kernel: iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-so-a0-gf-a0-83.ucode failed with error -2
<snip>
The term "error" will usually appear if there is an actual error, in this case "error -2" which appears at the end of the last line in this extract from the journal.

Is there actually a problem with the functioning of any of the devices, or are you just concerned with the journalctl output?

The configuration of the journalctl has been altered to "ForwardToSyslog=yes" from the default, the default being not to forward. Forwarding can supply the text file /var/log/syslog, but it's unnecessary since journalctl is pretty robust on it's own despite it not providing a text file.

I noticed that the word "priority" in the output of post #4 is also spelt "prioroty" which gives rise to whether the output was a pasted copy or hand copy, not that it may make a difference, but it's just noticeable reading through the lines, so it sort of begs for an explanation if there is one available.

Last edited:

Members online