everytime i try to run linux through virtualbox it says "aborted"

ranposan

Reaction score
Credits
hello, ive been trying all day to download linux on my windows PC. even watching multiple videos showing me how to. but every single time im in virtualbox and i click start, it loads for a couple seconds then says "aborted" how do i fix this?

If you have win 10/11 you may find it easier to use WSL [Windows subsystem for Linux]

I would suggest dump windows and just install linux it is so much better. I run windows in virtual machine.

hello, ive been trying all day to download linux on my windows PC. even watching multiple videos showing me how to. but every single time im in virtualbox and i click start, it loads for a couple seconds then says "aborted" how do i fix this?

How many virtual cpus do you have dedicated to the VM?
How much RAM do you have dedicated to the VM?
How much disk space have you given the VM?
Which distro's are you trying? Do you have EFI enabled for the VM?

Have you tried booting from a Linux USB drive?

You must be doing something wrong...I've just installed Mint Cinnamon 21.2 and had no problems but my Host is Linux Mint...Virtualbox should work the same in windowz too.
m19024.gif

Please post a screen / window snapshot of the error.

Common causes for that on Windows are trying to run an ARM image on VirtualBox on x86 architecture (it won't work, as virtualisation is not emulation), or not having virtualisation enabled in the BIOS / UEFI.

Members online

Latest posts