error: file '/boot/grub/i386-pc/normal.mod' not found

Unknown069

Reaction score
Credits
I have tried every possible way available on internet to recover boot/grub file but I can't find it. Please if anybody knows then just let me do how to solve thi error. I am trying for 4 hours straight but in vain.

Attachments

• IMG20211225004917.jpg
    IMG20211225004917.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 658

welcome to the forums,
sorry insufficient information
Looking at the screen shot I assume you are duel booting with windows 32bit, but which linux distribution are you trying to install?

welcome to the forums,
sorry insufficient information
Looking at the screen shot I assume you are duel booting with windows 32bit, but which linux distribution are you trying to install?
Linux distribution is Amd 64
But the window version is 64 bit

am64 just means its 64 bit, which distribution..?? mint 20, MX21, Debian, ubuntu etc

Linux distribution is Amd 64
But the window version is 64 bit
Just the grub is not working properly i have installed linux three times but second and third time grub couldn't install so i had to install it without grub...while trying to install it with grub it gives error and does not continues...now i am stuck neither can i log in to window to find a way to solve nor i can log in to linux OS to find a solution

Just the grub is not working properly i have installed linux three times
you still haven't answered my question, there are over 500 different distributions of linux..which one have you tried to install

am64 just means its 64 bit, which distribution..?? mint 20, MX21, Debian, ubuntu etc
I just know that i wanted to install a simple bare matel 64 bit linux OS which should've turned on as expected and with the gui as it is shown in the website. But it was not runnig along with the gui it was just a linux terminal then i deleted all of the OS files and reinstalled it now the OS perfectly installed then the grub is giving error

physically check to see if /boot/grub/i386-pc is actually present -
look inside /boot/grub
presence of i386-pc directory means this is a BIOS install
presence of x86_64-efi directory would indicate an EFI install

I agree with 'brickwizard" you should not learn Linux with Kali Linux that is for advanced users and penetration testers, Kali Linux is not designed for general everyday use - I would recommend Ubuntu, Linux Mint or one of the several different flavors of Ubuntu - like Xubuntu or Lubuntu to start out with

G'day and welcome to linux.org

I guess it is KALLI Linux

1. Why do you guess that? Did you go to install Kali, or did you see Kali mentioned in a video on youtube?

...which should've turned on as expected and with the gui as it is shown in the website.

2. Can you tell us the website?

3. Are you using Windows as well, and if so, which one?

If you downloaded a Linux .iso to your Windows, to install it, that file will have a name, for example

ubuntu-21.10-desktop-amd64.iso

If it was a Kali version, it will include kali in the name. The file downloaded is probably in your Downloads folder under Windows.

4. Can you tell us the exact name of that file?

Please answer all questions.

Thanks

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Members online

Latest posts