Dying Light mouse not responding

malonn

Reaction score
Credits
I am having trouble getting any mouse motion response from Dying Light. I have tried the native version and with Glorious Eggroll Proton 9.2 (released ~3 days ago) compatibility.

What happens: I launch the game (I've had no problems launching either version) and the mouse cursor is parked in the top left-hand corner of the screen. Moving the mouse causes very little response, but there is some. Keyboard input works fine. The Arch wiki only mentions launch issues. A moderate scan of ProtonDB returned nothing of a lack of mouse response, just lag.

Anyone have to troubleshoot this game that can give me some advice. Most Google searches turn up Windows stuff.

Okay. It looks like this is a KWin-Wayland bug, as it widely happens on Plasma 6. The solution for me was to log on with X11—mouse movement returns.

Yeah. During my troubleshooting net travels I found some people who say that they had success with Gamescope, but I don't have a lot of experience with it. Logging on with X11 allows me to play, so that's enough for me. Thanks though, bah.

Members online