Dipping a toe back into gaming...

Always love hearing about people's hobbies or usage of tools. It's never a simple story, but you always learn a lot along the way of why and how things are the way they are.

Diablo 4 and Starfield are perfect depictions of modern day corporate soulless products. Indie games are where fun happens because they can actually innovate without shareholders going nuts not shoveling out the minimum viable "product".
you need a hug or something, limiting yourself from "souless" software means you dont even get to play anything

I'm not particularly fond of GOG. I find their platform a bit cumbersome — it's not that it's difficult per se, but it feels like there are extra steps. For me, just to install a game, you're compelled to use their launcher. I'm unsure if there's a more straightforward method now, as I haven't installed a GOG game for over a year. This is why I prefer Steam. With Steam, I can install and play a game using just one command in Wine, which is much more convenient and faster. For reference, I have a YouTube video showcasing gameplay of "Medal of Honor: Allied Assault War Chest" which was played via GOG in Lutris about a year ago.

you need a hug or something, limiting yourself from "souless" software means you dont even get to play anything
Except for the 1000+ games I bought over the last 30 years. More games than I can play in my lifetime as I don't have the time.

If you think you have no other option than the latest lazy cash grab, I feel sorry for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Except for the 1000+ games I bought over the last 30 years. More games than I can play in my lifetime as I don't have the time.

If you think you have no other option than the latest lazy cash grab, I feel sorry for you.

Hey everyone,

Apologies if I’m veering slightly off-topic, but there’s something deeply personal and important I need to get off my chest. Gaming isn’t just a pastime for me; it’s a lifelong passion that has coursed through my veins since the days of the Magnavox Odyssey 2 and NES. Here’s my Steam profile for a bit of context – over 2000+ games and counting, each one a chapter in my extensive gaming journey.

A bit of nostalgia: I was that kid who was always glued to the screen, joystick in hand, lost in a world crafted from pixels and imagination. Handheld consoles like the Gameboy, Gameboy Color, PSP, and PSP Vita weren’t just gadgets; they were gateways to uncharted worlds, each game a narrative unfolding at the touch of my fingers.

Fast forward to today, and my Asus Rog 2 isn’t just a phone; it's a compact arcade that fits snugly into my pocket. Yes, gaming is not just a hobby - it's an integral part of my identity.

But here’s the rub.

The current state of the gaming industry invokes a mix of emotions. It’s a blend of awe for the technological advancements we’ve witnessed and a pinch of disenchantment stemming from certain developments (or the lack thereof). It’s not a baseless sentiment.

In this evolving landscape, indie games have become my sanctuary. Platforms like Kickstarter are teeming with gems waiting to be discovered, each project a testament to the unyielding creativity and innovation that defines gaming at its core.

Why does this matter?

Because every game is a narrative, and every player, a storyteller. In the past 30 years, I’ve narrated over 10,000 tales, each game a unique script, each playthrough, a performance. It's more than entertainment; it’s an art form, a narrative tapestry woven from code, graphics, and the ineffable human touch.

So as we stand at the crossroads of nostalgia and innovation, may our critiques and commendations shape an industry that continues to honor the legacy of the classics while boldly venturing into uncharted terrains of interactive storytelling.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and experiences, fellow digital narrators. The joystick is in your hands.

Members online