daily linux problems

I'm a bit late on this but you can use
control shift c and control shift v in terminals
I hope this helps in some way

I'm a bit late on this but you can use
control shift c and control shift v in terminals
I hope this helps in some way
It's not clear to me what is meant by this statement.

In a terminal such as the virtual console, or in an xterm, I can press cntl+shft+c, but it produces the same result as cntl+c which is the interrupt command, which basically interrupts whatever is on the command line and outputs a new prompt. Neither of those commands copies text to a buffer or clipboard for future reproducing. Cntl+v also doesn't paste anything.

To copy and paste in terminals, one usually highlights text with the mouse and pastes with the middle button (or simultaneous pressing of left and right button if that's configured). If it's a virtual console terminal, then gpm needs to be installed.

Perhaps you could provide an example of what you mean.

It's not clear to me what is meant by this statement.

In a terminal such as the virtual console, or in an xterm, I can press cntl+shft+c, but it produces the same result as cntl+c which is the interrupt command, which basically interrupts whatever is on the command line and outputs a new prompt. Neither of those commands copies text to a buffer or clipboard for future reproducing. Cntl+v also doesn't paste anything.

To copy and paste in terminals, one usually highlights text with the mouse and pastes with the middle button (or simultaneous pressing of left and right button if that's configured). If it's a virtual console terminal, then gpm needs to be installed.

Perhaps you could provide an example of what you mean.
in konsole, xfce4-terminal, terminator, kitty, blackbox, etc it's control shift c for copy and control shift v for paste for st it's alt c and alt v

in konsole, xfce4-terminal, terminator, kitty, blackbox, etc it's control shift c for copy and control shift v for paste for st it's alt c and alt v
Thanks for the examples.

Only tried st, and found that it's cntl+alt+c to copy what's been highlighted by the mouse, and cntl+alt+v to paste. This version of st is from suckless.org, and not from a distribution's repo, so it may not be identical in behaviour to what the distro's distribute.

Alas, being a user of other terminals not so well endowed as the one's you mention, I'm not able to take advantage of those keybindings, so use the standard linux mouse middle click to paste.

Thanks for the examples.

Only tried st, and found that it's cntl+alt+c to copy what's been highlighted by the mouse, and cntl+alt+v to paste. This version of st is from suckless.org, and not from a distribution's repo, so it may not be identical in behaviour to what the distro's distribute.

Alas, being a user of other terminals not so well endowed as the one's you mention, I'm not able to take advantage of those keybindings, so use the standard linux mouse middle click to paste.
no problem

Members online