Computer stuck on boot after first installation (Manjaro Linux)

aineruhanga

Reaction score
Credits
Hello community, am a first time Linux user and after I 'successfully' installed Manjaro Linux 5.15.28(KDE-plasma), I went ahead and rebooted and am stuck on the screen that says:
/dev/sda2: clean, 349577/60456960 files, 6891828/241805828.
Please, help me, am desperate for it to work. Thanks.

Attachments

• 1649581636554672648325815381123.jpg
    1649581636554672648325815381123.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 206

Welcome to the forums
Was this previously a Windows 8/10/11 machine?
If so, did you disable Windows fast boot in the BIOS and reboot before installing ? You may also have to disable EUFI
Did you remove the installation medium before re-booting,
then other questions include
Did you get a corrupt download [did you check the Sha sum]?
Did you get a clean burn of the iso to the installation medium?

Welcome to the forums
Was this previously a Windows 8/10/11 machine?
If so, did you disable Windows fast boot in the BIOS and reboot before installing ? You may also have to disable EUFI
Did you remove the installation medium before re-booting,
then other questions include
Did you get a corrupt download [did you check the Sha sum]?
Did you get a clean burn of the iso to the installation medium?

It was previously running Windows 11, 8Gb Ram, 1 TB-HDD,
I cleared the partitions for a fresh install of Linux.

I burned the .iso file cleanly to the formatted USB disk(formatted as DD image by default)
I also checked the SHA1 hash which is complies with the one given on the site.

It was previously running Windows 11, 8Gb Ram, 1 TB-HDD,
But did you

disable Windows fast boot in the BIOS and reboot before installing ? You may also have to disable EUFI

Windows is no longer existing on PC I.e( I wiped all existing data before installation), so I don't know how to disable fastboot, I disabled UEFI however.

It is in the BIOS [I haven't used M$ for many years]

enter BIOS,
Go to settings,
then battery.
Look for fast boot [it may have a slightly different name, depending on the BIOS manufacturer] and make sure it is disabled/off

After you have done all that, you have two options, try to install grub manually [I do not recomend this for a beginner] or re-install from scratch [and let the installation application do automatic partitioning for you by selecting to install to whole disk]

Sometimes just changing your BIOS to Legacy works best, which will turn off UEFI, FastBoot, and SecureBoot

Hello community, am a first time Linux user and after I 'successfully' installed Manjaro Linux 5.15.28(KDE-plasma), I went ahead and rebooted and am stuck on the screen that says:
/dev/sda2: clean, 349577/60456960 files, 6891828/241805828.
Please, help me, am desperate for it to work. Thanks.
[SOLVED]
Thank you Linux community for the suggestions, I managed to solve the problem by using ctrl + alt + F2 to go into terminal then I removed the recent drivers i installed, video-vesa and video-linux(I found this solution on the Manjaro forum, i will be sure to congratulate the person that put it up). I used the command sudo mhwd -r pci video-linux. and did the same for video-vesa.
I really have you people(Linux community) to thank.

Members online