CentOS 6 minimal log in problem

B

Brandon Doyle

So I'm sitting in front of my desk top right now after a fresh install of CentOS 6 minimal, and it's asking me for my password. It only asked me for two things when installing -- domain, which I chose "mathematics" for, and password, which I said "Americium95" (yes I know terrible choice but I can change it). It rebooted and now it wants me to log in, mind you those two things above are the only thing I gave it, so this next part is confusing.

For login I typed "mathematics" and password, of course, "Americium95". But it tells me it's wrong. What am I doing wrong? I don't quite understand since, as I've already stated, those are the only two things I gave it. I didn't give it my name or a username or anything, so they must be it, they must be root.

Brandon

Your domain is not your login.

Try username = root
Password = Americium95

If that doesn't work, then Google how to reset the root password and follow the instructions for that. When you are able to access the system, create a new user account for yourself.

Cheers!

Thanks! I gave that a try and it worked!
Great! Now change your password and NEVER use that password, or any variation of it, EVER again. If you used that password on this or any other other system, please change it/them immediately! You may have exposed yourself!

Great! Now change your password and NEVER use that password, or any variation of it, EVER again. If you used that password on this or any other other system, please change it/them immediately! You may have exposed yourself!

I did that immediately, thanks for all of your help!

Brandon

Members online