Cant connect Brother printer :(

mylinux

Reaction score
Credits
Hi everyone, and thanks to the admin for making this site/forum possible.

I've installed zorin os and set most things up like browser bookmarks, Passwords, wireless keyboard, mouse, etc... BUT the printer omfg it does not matter what i do, the printer will not connect to the computer even tho the computer says it's found it.

So after several day'trying, i gave up and installed MINT instead and guess what the printer will not work no matter what i do,
So i installed MINT on another computer and guess what? ya, all works but the damn printer. i hook the printer up to any Windows pc and off it works with no problem.

Printer is a Brother QL-1110NWB and i have gone to their website and got the Linux .deb driver, and it all installed ok and the printer gets found but will not actually connect to anything.
It's the only thing I'm stuck on, other than that i have a decent little system, so it would be great to get this sorted.

Any help appreciated

Brother QL-1110NWB
Welcome to the forums,
you downloaded the print drivers and installed them, DID you also download the cups wrapper and install that?
on both, you need the DEB package for Debian based distributions not the Rpm packages [Ubuntu, Linux, Mint 21, Mint LMDE, & Zorin are all Debian based.

Welcome to the forums,
you downloaded the print drivers and installed them, DID you also download the cups wrapper and install that?
on both, you need the DEB package for Debian based distributions not the Rpm packages [Ubuntu, Linux, Mint 21, Mint LMDE, & Zorin are all Debian based.
Thanks for the reply, yes i downloaded the cup wrapper.
Here is the driver i downloaded and installed. I've attached a ss from Brother's Website
Screenshot 2023-08-19 121008.png

Screenshot 2023-08-19 121059.png

First thing to try
disconnect printer from computer, open menu and find printers, check the printer is enabled, [if not enable it] if it is but not working delete the drivers from the printer app, and close, now re-connect the printer[if using usb] and switch on, this should reload the drivers] and give it a try

Members online