can acer nitro 5 an515-57 ?

nafill

Reaction score
Credits
hi im currently new in linux stuff, so the question is can i install linux on acer nitro 5 an515-57 ? im just afraid that would be error .any sugesstion for newbie like me ? thanks .
oh yeah my plan to install linux is to use disto linux of pop os.

the question is can i install linux on acer nitro 5 an515-57
Welcome to the forums
your lappy has plenty of grunts to run any Linux, how well POP will work is another question, if it installs and runs without errors it is a good distribution, however if for any reason it doesn't then it can be a pain in the rear to get it running properly.
As it's sold as a gaming lappy [and you give your age as 20], I assume you wish to use it for gaming on Linux, in which case this can be done using most 64 bit Linux distributions, there is plenty of reading in the gaming forums .

Welcome to the forums
your lappy has plenty of grunts to run any Linux, how well POP will work is another question, if it installs and runs without errors it is a good distribution, however if for any reason it doesn't then it can be a pain in the rear to get it running properly.
As it's sold as a gaming lappy [and you give your age as 20], I assume you wish to use it for gaming on Linux, in which case this can be done using most 64 bit Linux distributions, there is plenty of reading in the gaming forums .
thanks for the answer sir , honestly i use this lappy for programming. but yeah now im regretting. like im supposed to buy laptop for programming not gaming laptop. ill try to install linux later when my new ssd comes up . thanks sir. i hope my laptop can be run by linux properly. really . thanks. appreciate a lot.

like im supposed to buy laptop for programming not gaming laptop. ill try to install linux later when my new ssd comes up
As it is one of the latest machines, I will suggest [I do not recomend] that you first try MX-Linux-ahs available from https://sourceforge.net/projects/mx-linux/files/
it has more of the latest drivers for cutting edge machines.

edit... if you have not as yet done so, please read the first two post in this forum [above this one]

Last edited: