Solved autokey-xdotool key press and hold

Solved issue

zagdee

Reaction score
Credits
Hi!
I am a Windows refugee, trying to build my new life in Debian 12 and I have a question about automation. I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this, after doing a lot of reading I decided posting here.

In Windows I use Autohotkey in order to automate actions in DaVinci Resolve. My scripts there, do the following:

-press and hold [button] >>> mouse cursor moves to [x,y] and sends mouse button down
-release [button] >>> send mouse button up and cursor returns to previous position

Is there a way to do something like this with autokey and/or xdotool, because if there is, I can't figure out how.

Thanks in advance

Let me clarify it eve more.

In autohotkey, I use a library called TapHoldManager through which you can hold a key, press once, twice, three-times etc and trigger different actions every time. I can't figure out a way to do this with autokey.

Xmacro is a program I have used for years. Very configurable and easy to record. It relies on windows being in the same place, so changes in screen res or multiple monitors will wreak havoc.

Vektor

XMacro may be available in Debians software manager/repository....I do not run debian so I am unsure.

Take a look.

Thanks everyone! Thank you @Condobloke , Kmonad is exactly what I was looking for. It has multi-tap/hold functionality and multiple keyboard mapping. I have quite some reading to do now, but hey... live to learn. Cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts