App launcher to plank

Adithyansm

Reaction score
Credits
Hello guys
How can I add an app launcher or start menu to the plank dock example adding the whisker menu to the plank or something like that? Do you guys how to achieve this.
I am using Xfce

If you place your cursor on a blank spot on the plank dock then CRTL right click the mouse a dialogue will come up.
Select Preferences and the when the Preference box comes up select the Docklets tab the first Item on the tab is an applications menu. double click on that and it will add it to your Dock. Once added when you right click on it it will show your menu Items.
Good Luck. (Note: If your using XFCE you don't really need Plank you can simply create another panel and it will do what ever you want a panel to do. Good luck.

Docklet tab
Yes but it is a list view I dint like it
If your using XFCE you don't really need Plank you can simply create another panel and it will do what ever you want a panel to do. Good luck
Yes, I know but how can I make Xfce panel edges rounded. In plank, I can just download a rounded theme and apply it

In that case I know of no way on plank to do what you want. You may want to consider a more sophisticated dock such as Cairo-dock Which I believe allows you to do what you want.

See the 2nd post here.

I just tried it in Mint Xfce 20.3 and it works.
there is no file like "gtk.css" in the directory "~/.config/gtk-3.0/" do i need to create a new file named gtk.css

Yes, create the file, add the CSS and save. Restart the panel.
But it will be universal to all the panels, right? I just want one panel to behave like that

And is there a way to add the preview of the running app in he plank
like shown in this video

Probably. I'm not sure how to apply it to only one panel. I'll look into it tonight if nobody replies beforehand...
It looks as though there's not a way to apply styling to one panel only.

See post #5 - Separate themes for panels
Unfortunately, because there is no GTK3 style/ID differentiator between different panel instances, there is no way to direct separate CSS for panel instances. When it comes to theming, all panel instances are treated the same.

Sorry I can't help any further.

Members online