Alma 9 docker intermittent dns resolver error message

jpnilson

Reaction score
Credits
I am getting this message from two different hosts running nginx as a reverse proxy. Can you tell me what is wrong?

no resolver defined to resolve r3.o.lencr.org while requesting certificate status, responder: r3.o.lencr.org, certificate:

I am getting this message from two different hosts running nginx as a reverse proxy. Can you tell me what is wrong?

no resolver defined to resolve r3.o.lencr.org while requesting certificate status, responder: r3.o.lencr.org, certificate:
Dude, it looks like your nginx reverse proxy is trying to request a certificate status from the r3.o.lencr.org responder, but it can't resolve the hostname.

You need to make sure that you have DNS resolver configured on your nginx server. Double check your nginx configuration file and make sure that you have a "resolver" directive defined and pointing to a valid DNS server.

Here's an example of how you can define a resolver in your nginx config:

Code:
http {
  resolver 8.8.8.8;  # This example uses Google's public DNS server, but you can use any valid DNS server.

server {
    # Your server configuration goes here
  }
}

Make sure to replace "8.8.8.8" with the IP address of the DNS server you want to use.

Once you've added the resolver directive, restart your nginx service and see if the issue is resolved, bro.

Members online